Why is the Baseball Stadium Rendering at the Top of Page?

UNTLifer

15 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Has Baker pushed this to the top of the Honey Do list for the department?

Will this guarantee our admittance in to the AAC?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Same question. I looked throughout the entirety of the board and saw nothing about it. Only thing I saw was of the improvement of the walkways going through campus 

• Upvote 2

That rendering was originally drawn over 10 years ago under RV's watch.  Al Goldfield was ready to bankroll the project.  I love the rendering and how it ties to the current design of the new athletic facilities and I really want a baseball program, but first it has to move way, way up the timeline.

• Upvote 3
  • Ray 1
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, Christopher Walker said:

I feel like this is more @Harry pulling up pending material to look good towards inquiring external minds at the moment. At the time of this writing, 29 members online, 2 anonymous, and 72 guests.

Put up and show out, as is the sentiment in the other AAC threads.

I think Harry is just taunting those that are dying to get baseball going. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

That rendering was originally drawn over 10 years ago under RV's watch.  Al Goldfield was ready to bankroll the project.  I love the rendering and how it ties to the current design of the new athletic facilities and I really want a baseball program, but first it has to move way, way up the timeline.

Whatever happened to Al Goldfield? 

• Ray 1

13 hours ago, Texas Stranger said:

I'll take a wild-ass guess at Lacrosse

Doubtful. There isn’t a varsity D1 women’s lacrosse team within 700 miles of Denton (Vanderbilt). Men’s lacrosse has blown up in DFW, but it hasn’t caught on with the ladies. You’d also be starting 100 percent from scratch since the club team we have is extremely rough 

Edited by meangreenlax
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

Doubtful. There isn’t a varsity D1 women’s lacrosse team within 700 miles of Denton (Vanderbilt). Men’s lacrosse has blown up in DFW, but it hasn’t caught on with the ladies. You’d also be starting 100 percent from scratch since the club team we have is extremely rough 

Agreed.  I would imagine womens sand volleyball would be viable.  That has been popping up in the south more.  TCU has a team

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MrStrange18 said:

Agreed.  I would imagine womens sand volleyball would be viable.  That has been popping up in the south more.  TCU has a team

Would make more sense mathematically. Lacrosse requires 12 scholarships, and there are typically about 50 players. Sand volleyball would require 6 spots. 

Not sure where that would leave us title IX wise but this is all a pipe dream anyway until the university is able to find another stream of revenue to take on baseball 

Edited by meangreenlax
  • Upvote 2

Just now, MrStrange18 said:

Also, lets be real.... i would be surprised if we were offering full scholarships out the gate to play baseball at UNT. So sand volleyball could be viable (where Title IX is concerned)

True, but baseball is limited to between 11 and 12 scholarships.

• Upvote 2