Green Brigade vs other college bands

greenjoe

I know less about other teams bands than anyone you'll talk to.  This morning, I was wondering about the Green Brigade and their summer uniforms.  And that got me wondering if other college bands wear shorts and polo shirts in the warmer months of football season ?  I've been to lots and lots of road games and I don't recall one time our opponent's band wearing shorts and polo shirts.  Did they wear shorts and I didn't notice ?  I remember the last time we played Texas.  It was an 11:00 am kick about 95 degrees, and the Longhorn band was in full uniform.  It made us look like we were there for Jr. High Day.  Will the Abilene Christian Band be in shorts if they're present ?  Will the Southern Meth band be wearing striped shorts ?  Will Cougar High be in red shorts and flip flops (beetle juice, beetle juice, beetle juice) ?

6 for Heisman

GO MEAN GREEN

• Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 2

I look for major changes this year...could be wrong.  Does ACU have a band?  They have been to Fouts in the past and I do not recall their having a band.  Music at this church school might be lacking, don't know.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, greenjoe said:

I know less about other teams bands than anyone you'll talk to.  This morning, I was wondering about the Green Brigade and their summer uniforms.  And that got me wondering if other college bands wear shorts and polo shirts in the warmer months of football season ?  I've been to lots and lots of road games and I don't recall one time our opponent's band wearing shorts and polo shirts.  Did they wear shorts and I didn't notice ?  I remember the last time we played Texas.  It was an 11:00 am kick about 95 degrees, and the Longhorn band was in full uniform.  It made us look like we were there for Jr. High Day.  Will the Abilene Christian Band be in shorts if they're present ?  Will the Southern Meth band be wearing striped shorts ?  Will Cougar High be in red shorts and flip flops (beetle juice, beetle juice, beetle juice) ?

6 for Heisman

GO MEAN GREEN

It's pretty uncommon, even in HS. Uniforms are assigned and issued for a reason and most directors require them to wear their uniform on game days. It should be the standard expectation. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, drex said:

I look for major changes this year...could be wrong.  Does ACU have a band?  They have been to Fouts in the past and I do not recall their having a band.  Music at this church school might be lacking, don't know.

Church of Christ school.  No musical instruments.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

15 hours ago, drex said:

I am stupid enough to think that every aspect of the game experience was worthy of discussion.  

Historically speaking, if a Band wasn't important to an event or to an organization/institution, then why does "The President's own" exist?

And as to the question of other Bands wearing "casual" clothing for their official appearance. I've seen it, but I can't find any images of it on the internet. 

And once again, as long as everyone is wearing the same hat/polo shirt and khaki shorts, I'm fine with it. Good God, when was the last time anyone on this board had to endure watching a whole football game in late August/early September with no shade?

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

We should have made Apogee a dome like the freaking Rangers are doing because its just too hot.  Maybe we can have the football team play flag or two below until the weather cools to a more comfortable temperature.  How did our band ever survive in the past before the invention of the khaki shorts/black socks look?

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

18 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Their bands suck, so they don't count.

Well, unfortunately the Green Brigade has joined them in doing (with apologies to Little Eva)  the "suck-a-motion" when it comes to being a top notch College Band...….like they used to be before Dr. Winslow (and his ilk) took over.

Here is something that I dream of hearing the North Texas fans doing at the end of every game.....

Our Alma Mater is much better......and has an original melody.....unlike the "I've Been working on the railroad" crowd.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1

23 hours ago, drex said:

I think that the khaki shorts are the killer of the look.  Why not green shorts, white polos and a green cap.  Case settled.

I think Baylor uses either dark green or black for their warm weather uni's. From the 2018 Duke game.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Guys. Please get help. This is becoming too common. Ask a child or grandchild to show you Google.com, Chrome or Firefox and change your life for the better. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1