Huge Addition to Mean Green Football: Nick Harvey

3 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Would like to see a few grad transfers and transfers every class! Soar Higher! GMG 

SMU is doing this a lot as is U of H.  I think it is a very important part of a G5 recruiting strategy.

6 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Also...

I assume he must take a spot in 2019’s class, so did we lose someone?  Surely he’s not walking on.

Since they all signed, it would be too late to give him one of those spots anyway.  He may be a blueshirt applied to the 2020 class.  Or they may figure a way to change one of the 2019 signees into a blueshirt for the 2020 class.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Since they all signed, it would be too late to give him one of those spots anyway.  He may be a blueshirt applied to the 2020 class.  Or they may figure a way to change one of the 2019 signees into a blueshirt for the 2020 class.

They have to actually enroll before they count towards the actual scholarship count, right?  Isn’t that what burned us on the Williams kid last year?  He showed up on campus for a few days, then left, so his scholarship was counted/wasted.

And if all the others officially signed for the 2019 class (which they all did, or they wouldn’t have been announced), then they can’t be shifted via blueshirt/grayshirt to next year’s class.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

They have to actually enroll before they count towards the actual scholarship count, right?  Isn’t that what burned us on the Williams kid last year?  He showed up on campus for a few days, then left, so his scholarship was counted/wasted.

And if all the others officially signed for the 2019 class (which they all did, or they wouldn’t have been announced), then they can’t be shifted via blueshirt/grayshirt to next year’s class.

The main stipulation I see is that they can’t have gone on an official visit. I would think being officially announced would preclude them from being able to blueshirt but as long as they didn’t go on an official visit then it might be permissible.

• Upvote 1

Just now, BillySee58 said:

The main stipulation I see is that they can’t have gone on an official visit. I would think being officially announced would preclude them from being able to blueshirt but as long as they didn’t go on an official visit then it might be permissible.

I thought it was ultimately the NLI form they actually sign.  Those are the guys you can officially announce.  Like when Daizon Carroll wasn’t announced last year, but showed up this year?

• Upvote 1

This is an interesting addition that would seem to make sense if he is slated to play CB here. But did he lose a step because of the ACL injury? It is possible since he moved to safety at South Carolina. Not sure if they were stacked at CB or if he moved due to the injury. 

If the plan is for him to play safety, I am not sure I understand it given we have two returning seniors (three if you count Rover) and I would think they would want some younger players to gain experience as backups. I am not completely confident  in Robinson, but not sure I would bring in a one-year player as the answer at the expense of the younger players. 

Overall I am glad he chose NT, but still curious where he fits and how this affects our 2019 or 2020 scholarships. 

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

We've been burned on a few others who never made it to campus.  If they sign, they count towards the class.  Unless I'm seriously misremembering.

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Yes, that's my understanding as well.

• Upvote 1