Huge Addition to Mean Green Football: Nick Harvey

South Carolina transfer Nick Harvey is heading back to his home state of Texas. The 2018 graduate transfer from Texas A&M to South Carolina will spend his final year of college football on the roster of North Texas. 

"God writes everybody their own story," Harvey wrote in his announcement on Twitter Monday night. "It’s all about you putting all your faith and trust in him! I am more than happy to announce that I will be continuing my playing career and The University of North Texas!"

After playing in only four games with the Gamecocks in 2018 and the appeal and approval for a sixth year of eligibility, Harvey announced on Jan. 18 his decision to transfer elsewhere. Harvey sustained a head injury, which stalled his season. He played against Coastal Carolina, Vanderbilt, Kentucky and Missouri and logged six tackles with one tackle for loss. The defensive back repped at both corner and safety for the Gamecocks at the start of the season.

read more:  https://247sports.com/college/south-carolina/Article/South-Carolina-Gamecocks-football-Nick-Harvey-transfer-North-Texas--132948708/

3 hours ago, Harry said:

From the end of that article:

Some background info on Harvey:
Due to knee surgery, he redshirted in 2017 after playing three straight years with the Aggies. He stared 12 games at cornerback his junior year (2016), leading the Aggies with 10 broken up passes and ranked fourth on the team with 66 tackles. As a sophomore he was the team's top pass defender off the bench with 29 tackles and four pass breakups and played in eery game. As a freshman he played in every game and recorded 14 tackles. 

A high four-star recruit in the Class of 2014, Harvey was the nation's No. 60 overall player by 247Sports Composite out of Richmond, Texas (Fort Bend Travis).

oh my god wow GIF

say word laughing GIF by Desus & Mero

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

This is huge when you can get 4 star recruits. I know he may be a retread, but the fact that he chose to come to UNT says to me that we are trending in the right direction.  Pretty soon we will get 4 star guys right out of high school and won't have to take guys who are transferring. If things keep going this way and we keep winning, we will have to start looking seriously at coaches salaries. Right now, IMO North Texas is becoming very attractive and P5 schools are going to come very hard after what we have. With a student body and alumni base as large as ours, there is no reason why we cannot compete with P5 schools. Especially the ones on the smaller side. However, I know we have a long way to go to energize an apathetic alumni base. I think we are starting to sell the new students. It's the older students and alumni that we need to get on board.

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1