North Texas All Time Football Recruits

Venson

I was looking at the all time football recruits for North Texas according to 24/7. Mason Fine, Jeffery Wilson and Zach Orr were so far down the list, it was ridiculous. Hint, it's easier to start at the bottom to get to those guys sooner.That goes to show that giving stars to players do not necessarily give a great indication of how well they will perform at the next level. 

https://247sports.com/college/north-texas/Sport/Football/AllTimeRecruits/ 

• Upvote 3
  • Ray 1

3 hours ago, 97and03 said:

The thing that struck me about that list was how few of those recruits ever played here. Most never ended up here. 

Most never played here, really?  Better look again, there are definitely more than you would like that never made a NT field, but you are exaggerating. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Most never played here, really?  Better look again, there are definitely more than you would like that never made a NT field, but you are exaggerating. 

Never arrived, never played, or never made an impact.

William Johnson, Boone Felt (and his 4 star transfer brother additionally), Kevin Dillman, Darren McNair, Alonzo Horton, Justin Edwards, Jeremy Bean, and the list goes on and on. I am obviously excluding recent recruits bc we don’t yet know about them, but I guess we can add Demeco Roland to that list as well. 

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

30 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Never arrived, never played, or never made an impact.

William Johnson, Boone Felt (and his 4 star transfer brother additionally), Kevin Dillman, Darren McNair, Alonzo Horton, Justin Edwards, Jeremy Bean, and the list goes on and on. I am obviously excluding recent recruits bc we don’t yet know about them, but I guess we can add Demeco Roland to that list as well. 

There are and will be always players who signed that never make the field.   A list of over 200. way too much work for me, and obviously a lot of these were far from premium recruits.  

I think your point is much more valid to prior years, when NT took a lot more chances in signings than they do now.   When there was probably more that didn't significant contribute than did. 

This list at the top is heavily affected by the number of jucos who were for the most part known risks when they were signed.   Also I think a lot of jucos were significantly overrated in the past compared to high schoolers. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

There are and will be always players who signed that never make the field.   A list of over 200. way too much work for me, and obviously a lot of these were far from premium recruits.  

I think your point is much more valid to prior years, when NT took a lot more chances in signings than they do now.   When there was probably more that didn't significant contribute than did. 

This list at the top is heavily affected by the number of jucos who were for the most part known risks when they were signed.   Also I think a lot of jucos were significantly overrated in the past compared to high schoolers. 

The bold is exactly my point. And the top of the list is particularly full of busts. But again I am excluding recents recruits, who make up a lot of our list of top recruits and looking at the past. 

So we might be pretty much on the same page. 

• Upvote 2