Hold on to your butts!!!!

2 hours ago, GMG24 said:

1/3 

spoke to several people in the industry and they believe he’s a kid that is very unpolished meaning the potential for him to become an elite player for us is very high.  A lot of HS kids you get usually have received so much training and work that, what you see is what you get.  Not what I’m hearing about this kid. 

The real question is will he be so far behind other kids that we'll only get one or two quality seasons from him. I know we have to recruit a lot on "potential" but what if that doesn't pan out? 

• Lovely Take 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

The real question is will he be so far behind other kids that we'll only get one or two quality seasons from him. I know we have to recruit a lot on "potential" but what if that doesn't pan out? 

That's gonna depend on how hard he wants to work, and I'm sure that ethic was assessed by coach Jennings prior to an offer going out.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

I hear that concern.   This staff has proven they can take under rated/under recruited skill kids and turn them into solid players.  I think this kids recruitment will pick up as schools boards fill up

• Upvote 2

Recruiting is such a strange thing.  I love the commits we’re getting.  But after watching the highlights of some of our recruits I can’t help but scratch my head at how it is that such a game-smart and physically gifted player like Haltom’s Micheal Black, who led his team to a 13-1 record at the 6A level... gets no D1 offers and ends up having to commit to Permian Basin?  Crazy!

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

17 minutes ago, MeanGreen2019 said:

Is Rakestraw having second doubts? I saw he said that he was close to committing then two hours later Colorado State offered him....

Ya CSU seems to be missing things up...🤔

2 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I feel like @TheReal_jayD posts are like TV cliff hangers.  

Will Maria forgive Brian?  Will the detectives reach the bad guy in time??  What exactly does “about to commit” mean?  

Find out next time on...Go Mean Green!  

Next episode of “As The Recruiting Cycle Turns”.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SigmaGreen said:

Can we get a position of the player or does that make it to easy?

I hear from a reliable source that he is middle-of-the-road, slightly left-leaning.

Oh, my bad, you meant what football position does he play! 🙂

• Eye Roll 1