Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
TheReal_jayD

Oklahoma LB Jacobi Johnson commits to UNT

Recommended Posts

Awesome! Congrats! Now move EriiK Williams to the opposite DE! GMG 

Edited by Wag Tag
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Title is misleading.. Best I can see he is a OLB, and 6" 4" - 225.  Maybe the plan to move him to DE, with adding a lot of weight?

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dml7007 said:

Title is misleading.. Best I can see he is a OLB, and 6" 4" - 225.  Maybe the plan to move him to DE, with adding a lot of weight?

 

He will play the stand up OLB/DE 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

Geez, bring that NT here too.

 

Rick

#67?  I was wondering he about him.  Not terrible explosive but a great space eater.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're on the bubble towards a Top-30 recruiting class at the moment sitting #31 nationally. This is wild. One might even say... #UNTamed

Like, hot damn: https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

Relevant Comparisons in the top 100 as of today:
16 – Texas A&M
30 – Texas
31 – North Texas
32 – California
38 – TCU
51 – Baylor
53 – Rice
58 – SMU
59 – UTSA
61 – LaTech
73 – Southern Miss
76 – Memphis
81 – UCF
86 – FAU
95 – FIU
99 – Houston

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 3
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 97and03 said:

I love seeing us up in the rankings, but let’s also tap the breaks and be honest: this is a short-term thing based upon volume of recruits. If you look at the average rating of the recruits of the other schools, they are generally significantly higher but they have fewer verbals at this point. 

I am, however, quite pleased with the results to this point and like the balance of this class so far. The fact that we have a highly regarded Defensive Tackle on the board in June is phenomenal. (Let’s get one more please!) I think we are all going to be very happy with this class. 

Absolutely! But here's the further thing - we can greatly utilize this short-term buzz into long-term strategic messaging on the recruiting trail. It's how so many of the truly successful peer institutions go about it.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Christopher Walker said:

Absolutely! But here's the further thing - we can greatly utilize this short-term buzz into long-term strategic messaging on the recruiting trail. It's how so many of the truly successful peer institutions go about it.

Funny, that is what I just added to my post!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we need to be advertising on recruting ranking ASAP... 31st best class in the country, Top G6 recruiting class... whatever brings us more attention, we need to do it ASAP

 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, golfingomez said:

we need to be advertising on recruting ranking ASAP... 31st best class in the country, Top G6 recruiting class... whatever brings us more attention, we need to do it ASAP

 

My only reservation about that tactic is that we get all of our slots filled by the lower tier 3* athletes that are afraid of missing what they might have considered a backup scholarship (from us) if bigger schools don't come calling.  Would that mean that someone that ranks higher wouldn't be in the running anymore merely because we didn't have space?  Also, like others have said, getting all riled up about being ranked this high is premature.  It would be very busch-league to tout our ranking when other people will know it's due to volume and not average player rating.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

My only reservation about that tactic is that we get all of our slots filled by the lower tier 3* athletes that are afraid of missing what they might have considered a backup scholarship (from us) if bigger schools don't come calling.  Would that mean that someone that ranks higher wouldn't be in the running anymore merely because we didn't have space?  Also, like others have said, getting all riled up about being ranked this high is premature.  It would be very busch-league to tout our ranking when other people will know it's due to volume and not average player rating.  

Bull!

  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SigmaGreen said:

Some of these teams have as many or more commits than us, should they not be excited too?

488EA48B-CCAD-4282-B4BA-505999F86EC3.png

213B33A8-F0E1-4180-ADAD-6A5A9EC4BF16.png

Let's get at least one 4* guy, and we can start comparing ourselves to those schools.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SigmaGreen said:

Ok, so if we did...then it’s ok to celebrate? One could argue that they are ranked higher because they have that (1) 4* 

There's only 7 schools in the top 60 with a lower rating average per player than us. While our efforts this year have been impressive we will likely only slide from here and have trouble staying in the top 60 depending on how many we sign. It's good we have this many commits but I would still say it's too early to celebrate. Especially since Litrell potentially leaving could lead to a mass exodus of commits anyways you never know.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.