Oklahoma LB Jacobi Johnson commits to UNT

6 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

Yep, it's the guy can realistically project where this class will end up, what can I do for ya?

;I know rankings give teams bragging rights, but SL and staff's recruiting is indicative to me of how flawed the system can be.  I know that the higher rated players tend to work out better over the long haul, but how many kids does this staff find that aren't rated yet, we offer, 5 other teams offer and then the young man gets rated by one of the services?  I still like to see how a class performs on the field a couple of years down the road before giving a true grade.  Did anyone think a young man from a small OK town would develop into our career passing leader and a candidate for all the major award?  Did we think he would be the leader he has become?  We never know.

The point of all of this is that in today's day and age with information pretty available to all, it is fun to rank these classes, so why not celebrate where we are right now?  Publicity is publicity.

• Upvote 3