C-USA nets 500k a yr on NFL Network deal

9 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

$500-$600,000 for the whole conference to split?  Man, that Commissioner Judy is one tough negotiator.

I'm not sure how reliable that blogger and obviously it isn't big money. But this is CUSA's worst package what they refer to as tier III. So in comparison the Big 12 doesn't have a tier III deal. Texas does in the LHN but the other schools don't (although they are working on one). I believe that is pretty much what BeIn was paying so it much better broadcast quality and market penetration for similar money and the NFLN didn't take the tier III basketball games so maybe those can be shopped. I think every single non power 5 conference would take this deal for their Tier III rights. Even the AAC because you get Saturday games on a huge linear network in the afternoon. No non power 5 has that. 

The most unfortnate part of this deal is CUSA just signed over Tier I and Tier II rights for new deals. I can't remember the length of those but the best CUSA games won't be on NFL Network. Best case scenario would have been NFL Network deal with Tier I.

I'm not a Judy fan. But I have zero complaints on this deal.

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2