DRC (updated): C-USA lifts ban on students sitting in area behind opposing teams' bench in football

Brett Vito

Now that the story has been updated to clarify that CUSA now allows it, Wren MUST find a way to get the students back down there starting THIS year.  It’ll look so much better on TV and it’ll be great to have the home field advantage increased. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

I read the article but I fail to see what FAU did to get this rule rescinded that RV or any other AD in CUSA wasn't able to do.   Does someone at FAU have the commissioner's ear ?

GO MEAN GREEN

Maybe Lane used his charisma and charm on our lady CUSA commissioner.  He is a smooth talker.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Haha 3

Lol.. I remember that game against UTSA at apogee 13' towards the end of the season there. The student section was roasting and clowning every player at that bench. I remember their players flipping us off after the game ended.

That's part of "home field advantage" Our fans getting into the player's heads. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

Lol.. I remember that game against UTSA at apogee 13' towards the end of the season there. The student section was roasting and clowning every player at that bench. I remember their players flipping us off after the game ended.

That's part of "home field advantage" Our fans getting into the player's heads. 

I loved that season in the midst of all of that. I remember the MUTS game vividly and how pissed even their coaches were.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

I loved that season in the midst of all of that. I remember the MUTS game vividly and how pissed even their coaches were.

Ahh yes, the game where the MUTS QB got hit so hard his helmet flew off!

It's going to look a lot better from the alumni side, seeing that bottom part of the stadium filling up. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

Ahh yes, the game where the MUTS QB got hit so hard his helmet flew off!

It's going to look a lot better from the alumni side, seeing that bottom part of the stadium filling up. 

BOOM: 

Gods, we had a great defense and ST back then. Sed Ellis and Zach Orr - on an open field, Ned!

Also - our uniforms were terrible.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

2013 was so magical. It was my first season as a student, we were actually good, and I hurled insults and cursed at the other teams players like it was going out of style

2013 was my senior year of college, that was a year I will never forget! It's real awesome to hear what that 2013 season did for the freshman class! Just goes to show, what winning and the publicity of it does for our future alumni at UNT. Think about what Fine/Littrell are doing for current and future fans to come! 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, greenjoe said:

I read the article but I fail to see what FAU did to get this rule rescinded that RV or any other AD in CUSA wasn't able to do.   Does someone at FAU have the commissioner's ear ?

GO MEAN GREEN

you're looking in the wrong place. Judy probably saw Ben's old signature and felt the heat. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, GreenTexan13 said:

2013 was my senior year of college, that was a year I will never forget! It's real awesome to hear what that 2013 season did for the freshman class! Just goes to show, what winning and the publicity of it does for our future alumni at UNT. Think about what Fine/Littrell are doing for current and future fans to come! 

I probably should've clarified that it was my first season as a student at UNT. I was technically a junior at that point, either way it made me a fan for life

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, CK2 said:

Says a lot when 9-4 with no division or conference title plus a bowl game against 6-6 UNLV is considered a megical season.

2015 Houston on the otherhand was a REAL magical season.

Related image

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 2