3 star DT commits to UNT

6'1"  285 lbs.

No Composite but rated 82 by 247

Also had offers from Houston Baptist, La-Mo, New Mexico, Nevada, Tulsa, Howard, McNeese St., Prairie View, Sam Houston and Western Illinois.  His Twitter feed also reports an offer from Incarnate Word.

https://247sports.com/player/tashoyn-johnson-46076732/

Related image

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

It has been brought up before but it is great to see the support and reaction as each verbal is announced from other verbals/recruits in the 2020. These guys aren't on an island. The prior commits are embracing the new ones as team, as part of a very strong group.

I love the competitive spirit between classes. 2020 is already claiming it will be the best class yet. It will be fun to see how 2019 reacts. On the field.

GMG

• Upvote 5

31 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

Oh wow - I started perusing 247 again to see our nice current ranking for 2020, and then saw this guy in our backyard:

https://247sports.com/Player/Drew-Sanders-45572383/

Looks like he is projecting as an OLB in college.  Also appears that he has moved around every year.  Wonder if he will play QB at Ryan or if they have someone else this  year.

• Upvote 1

On 6/10/2019 at 10:34 AM, Christopher Walker said:

Oh wow - I started perusing 247 again to see our nice current ranking for 2020, and then saw this guy in our backyard:

https://247sports.com/Player/Drew-Sanders-45572383/

0 chance.  Dudes going to Alabama. 

• Lovely Take 1

On 6/10/2019 at 11:07 AM, UNTLifer said:

Looks like he is projecting as an OLB in college.  Also appears that he has moved around every year.  Wonder if he will play QB at Ryan or if they have someone else this  year.

Dad is a coach.  Happens sometimes. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/12/2019 at 2:12 PM, UNTLifer said:

Ryan has been known to have good assistants with even better kids of playing age...just sayin'

Sounds like a smart AD/HC to me.  If the dad is a coach and wants to work there....why not?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

Sounds like a smart AD/HC to me.  If the dad is a coach and wants to work there....why not?

I know.  It is just funny how they had the DT Lokey that went on to UT and his dad was an assistant.  Their LB Torres' dad was an assistant, I think Mario Edwards was an assistant there while his son played and now this young man.

• Upvote 1