Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
Harry

Here’s how to do a G5 home & home schedule

Recommended Posts

https://thedailyaztec.com/93419/news/university-announces-250-million-contract-for-new-stadium/

 

Looks like they are getting more serious with their football program too. Building a stadium more suited for their own games, rather than a NFL sized stadium. I think San Diego has that curb appeal to bring in the Pac 12 giants to play.. So they got that going for them. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

https://thedailyaztec.com/93419/news/university-announces-250-million-contract-for-new-stadium/

 

Looks like they are getting more serious with their football program too. Building a stadium more suited for their own games, rather than a NFL sized stadium. I think San Diego has that curb appeal to bring in the Pac 12 giants to play.. So they got that going for them. 

Where the hell are our concerts???? Would like to get some one on one with MWC teams! Wish we would play one a year!

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$250 million for 35,000 seats.  Man, did we ever get a deal on Apogee.  

  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly something to aspire towards but a couple elements make their situation different from ours:

1.  Regional P5 schools are largely from the Big 12 and are guaranteed regular visits to the metroplex to face TCU.  Absent this, we might have a greater shot at selling them on a chance to play in front of area recruits.

2.  The Pac 12 as a group have prioritized lessening exposure to FCS squads and "overpaying to avoid the return game...

"for one-off home games against lower-level Division I opposition has become costly. Top Power 5 schools frequently pay more than a million dollars to have an opponent come to their stadium with no return road game. Also, Scott said, Pac-12 schools have a difficult time drawing fans for games against lesser competition."

Source: https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26651035/no-plans-change-schedule-philosophy

I think that if we continue to see success of the field and build a reputation in line with what SDSU has, we'll have opportunity.  We have Cal coming in 2022, Memphis in 2023, Texas Tech in 2027, and Baylor in 2028...we're moving in the right direction.

Source: https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/north-texas/

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been to SD several times and I am actually here right now. Their campus is very nice. It has the typical southwest look to it, light tan buildings with red roof shingles throughout. It sits inland up on a plateau that overlooks Mission Valley with perimeter panoramic views. All of their athletic facilities are very nice and centrally located on campus, outside of dilapidated Qualcomm. If they do actually get their own stadium and if it's located on campus, this university is going to take of athletically. They are in a very sound position right now. 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Been to SD several times and I am actually here right now. Their campus is very nice. It has the typical southwest look to it, light tan buildings with red roof shingles throughout. It sits inland up on a plateau that overlooks Mission Valley with perimeter panoramic views. All of their athletic facilities are very nice and centrally located on campus, outside of dilapidated Qualcomm. If they do actually get their own stadium and if it's located on campus, this university is going to take of athletically. They are in a very sound position right now. 

San Diego is amazing.  Location alone is an attraction for the school.  Expensive place to actually live tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

$250 million for 35,000 seats.  Man, did we ever get a deal on Apogee.  

Probably half is for the land.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.