Here’s how to do a G5 home & home schedule

Harry

https://thedailyaztec.com/93419/news/university-announces-250-million-contract-for-new-stadium/

Looks like they are getting more serious with their football program too. Building a stadium more suited for their own games, rather than a NFL sized stadium. I think San Diego has that curb appeal to bring in the Pac 12 giants to play.. So they got that going for them. 

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

https://thedailyaztec.com/93419/news/university-announces-250-million-contract-for-new-stadium/

Looks like they are getting more serious with their football program too. Building a stadium more suited for their own games, rather than a NFL sized stadium. I think San Diego has that curb appeal to bring in the Pac 12 giants to play.. So they got that going for them. 

Where the hell are our concerts???? Would like to get some one on one with MWC teams! Wish we would play one a year!

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

Certainly something to aspire towards but a couple elements make their situation different from ours:

1.  Regional P5 schools are largely from the Big 12 and are guaranteed regular visits to the metroplex to face TCU.  Absent this, we might have a greater shot at selling them on a chance to play in front of area recruits.

2.  The Pac 12 as a group have prioritized lessening exposure to FCS squads and "overpaying to avoid the return game...

"for one-off home games against lower-level Division I opposition has become costly. Top Power 5 schools frequently pay more than a million dollars to have an opponent come to their stadium with no return road game. Also, Scott said, Pac-12 schools have a difficult time drawing fans for games against lesser competition."

Source: https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26651035/no-plans-change-schedule-philosophy

I think that if we continue to see success of the field and build a reputation in line with what SDSU has, we'll have opportunity.  We have Cal coming in 2022, Memphis in 2023, Texas Tech in 2027, and Baylor in 2028...we're moving in the right direction.

Source: https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/north-texas/

• Upvote 4

Been to SD several times and I am actually here right now. Their campus is very nice. It has the typical southwest look to it, light tan buildings with red roof shingles throughout. It sits inland up on a plateau that overlooks Mission Valley with perimeter panoramic views. All of their athletic facilities are very nice and centrally located on campus, outside of dilapidated Qualcomm. If they do actually get their own stadium and if it's located on campus, this university is going to take of athletically. They are in a very sound position right now. 

• Upvote 5

24 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Been to SD several times and I am actually here right now. Their campus is very nice. It has the typical southwest look to it, light tan buildings with red roof shingles throughout. It sits inland up on a plateau that overlooks Mission Valley with perimeter panoramic views. All of their athletic facilities are very nice and centrally located on campus, outside of dilapidated Qualcomm. If they do actually get their own stadium and if it's located on campus, this university is going to take of athletically. They are in a very sound position right now. 

San Diego is amazing.  Location alone is an attraction for the school.  Expensive place to actually live tho.