C-USA Stadium Rankings

Negatives: The tailgate scene can be lacking, especially in comparison to the rest of the conference. Additionally, Texas (surprise) is known to be hot.

Apogee’s design doesn’t provide for much escape from the heat, and as a result attendance for early season games in September and October can suffer as a result.

I haven't tailgated much out of UNT games and a couple times at SMU for the NT games. But do you all agree with this assessment that tailgating is lacking compared to the rest of the conference? For those of you that have traveled to our away games?

11 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

I haven't tailgated much out of UNT games and a couple times at SMU for the NT games. But do you all agree with this assessment that tailgating is lacking compared to the rest of the conference? For those of you that have traveled to our away games?

I think that our tailgating scene for big games is 2nd to none in CUSA. Granted I have never been to a Marshall game, but I have been to Southern Miss, LA Tech, and SMU and their tailgating does not or at least didn't compare for when I was there. I have been to games at Apogee where tailgating has been awful too. So it just depends on opponent and weather (rain). A decent opponent paired with decent weather, Apogees tailgating scene far exceeded SoMiss, LaTech and SMU. 

To note, I think aesthetically, our tailgate scene is not good for the average non-UNT fan coming to a game. They probably park over at Fouts parking where tailgating is minimal in most cases. So, they pull up in anticipation and see scattered tents in that lot and the lasting impression is always the first impression. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I think that our tailgating scene for big games is 2nd to none in CUSA. Granted I have never been to a Marshall game, but I have been to Southern Miss, LA Tech, and SMU and their tailgating does not or at least didn't compare for when I was there. I have been to games at Apogee where tailgating has been awful too. So it just depends on opponent and weather (rain). A decent opponent paired with decent weather, Apogees tailgating scene far exceeded SoMiss, LaTech and SMU. 

To note, I think aesthetically, our tailgate scene is not good for the average non-UNT fan coming to a game. They probably park over at Fouts parking where tailgating is minimal in most cases. So, they pull up in anticipation and see scattered tents in that lot and the lasting impression is always the first impression. 

Thanks, I wanted to get a person's perspective that has been to a conference foe's tailgating scene. You could argue that some of these stadiums, like Marshall, SO Miss, LA Tech are not really in the vicinity of a large metroplex  like ours. So what the hell is there else to do on a Saturday? However, I'm not downplaying our tailgate scene. And I have never been disappointed whether it is a weekday or weekend game.  "Lacking" is a vague word. and I would like to understand what we're lacking as far as this writer's perspective. 

Initial comments:

* This author compares "The Joe" in Ruston to Apogee.  Lost me right there.  Why does the side of the stadium in the picture of "The Joe" look like the top section needs to be aligned with the lower section?  Why would they build it that way.  Again, the comparison to Apogee is ridiculous.

* #3 being WKU, where most of the seats are on one side of the stadium, is way too high.

* I have never been to MUTS, but I have always that their stadium looked good on television.  I don't like that it is an erector set like Central Florida.

* Charlotte's stadium is just so small.  Looks like a high school or lower level college program's.

* Alamodome: Is this guy for real?  Lost me with this quote: "the surrounding area for parking and tailgating is top-notch."  To say that and criticize Apogee is laughable.

* FAU:  Have always thought it looked pretty good on television.  Not a fan of the erector sets.

* Southern Miss:  #9 is way, way too low for "The Rock."

* FIU: Embarrassing.

* UTEP: The Sun Bowl is a great stadium.  Way too low on the list although the fans have been terrible lately.

*Rice:  I love older stadiums, but this is just way, way to big for Rice.

*Legion Field:  Great history in a terrible location with little done to maintain it through the years.

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Initial comments:

* This author compares "The Joe" in Ruston to Apogee.  Lost me right there.  Why does the side of the stadium in the picture of "The Joe" look like the top section needs to be aligned with the lower section?  Why would they build it that way.  Again, the comparison to Apogee is ridiculous.

* #3 being WKU, where most of the seats are on one side of the stadium, is way too high.

* I have never been to MUTS, but I have always that their stadium looked good on television.  I don't like that it is an erector set like Central Florida.

* Charlotte's stadium is just so small.  Looks like a high school or lower level college program's.

* Alamodome: Is this guy for real?  Lost me with this quote: "the surrounding area for parking and tailgating is top-notch."  To say that and criticize Apogee is laughable.

* FAU:  Have always thought it looked pretty good on television.  Not a fan of the erector sets.

* Southern Miss:  #9 is way, way too low for "The Rock."

* FIU: Embarrassing.

* UTEP: The Sun Bowl is a great stadium.  Way too low on the list although the fans have been terrible lately.

*Rice:  I love older stadiums, but this is just way, way to big for Rice.

*Legion Field:  Great history in a terrible location with little done to maintain it through the years.

Accurate by all accounts. 

I've been to every stadium you pointed out except for the F_Us, just not all for games. I like to go to campuses if I happen to be in the area. So Miss stadium is much better than 9. MTSU stadium is hideous from the outside. Legion and Rice stadiums are both dilapidated. UTEPs stadium is nice-ish with a nice bsckdrop. You can literally see a Mexican slumyard from their main parking lot. LaTechs stadium and Apogee shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath. To note, their stadiim is a dug in stadium and the disformation of the stadium just runs along the outlay of the hole it sits in. I was in Bowling Green in April and I do like their stadium. It looks great from the outside and sits right in the middle of their campus as a focal point. Charlotte's is nice too, just very small as you stated. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Who is this Moron? Our tailgating is second to none, especially at the G5 level. Live music, great food, shade and plenty of room for all the different groups.

Agreed. Clown comment. This guy did not see Fraternity Hill during Homecoming last season. One of my proudest moments was going into that game with various family members that went to different schools and seeing a sea of people in green walking, tailgating, and inside of the game. Hell of an atmosphere. Even when our team sucks, we know how to tailgate for all the reasons you mention. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1