Heisman Website for Mason Fine

3 minutes ago, SigmaGreen said:

I think it should be notated on Mason’s Heisman launch that Tua also had 2 extra games for his yards last year. I understand the competition difference but still worth notating. 

I get the competition diffidence. But i had the argument with a guy from DCTF the other day. Yes the competition is greater but so is your supporting cast. For instance if Sam Elhinger came to UNT I don't think we win 9 games.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MrStrange18 said:

However, I don't know this is the place to be telling people no, they can't get excited about Fine for Heisman or the launch of this website bc if falls on the same day as D Day. 

I’m not saying anyone cannot get excited about Fine for Heisman, nor am I criticizing the AD’s efforts to promote it.  It’s them using today along with the word “launch” to do it.  There’s only ONE launch to be recognized on June 6th and it isn’t Fine for Heisman.   I wouldn’t even mention it if not for the fact that it’s a pattern they have of using important days of remembrance to instead push something for NT.  

Everyone else may not give a rat’s ass about such things...but I do.

Rick

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Eye Roll 8
  • Downvote 8

I am so pleased that our AD had the foresight to make this campaign happen and early to boot.  He may never get the award, even though he is certainly deserving, but the story will be told and will get eyes because of the Heisman mystique.

As I have said all along, it's not just Mason's performance and stats which have been top notch.  It's his STORY...  It's an amazing underdog story that makes people feel good.  Yes even the greedy NCAA would shed a tear of blood over it.

This is how you do it.  Mason Fine is a once in a lifetime story that we may never have again many of our UNT lifetimes.   There aren't many Mean Joe Greene's, and Booger Kennedy's and Mason Fine opportunities and you have to make the most of them.  This program has always had such amazing potential and it is so nice to finally see us reaching it.

tenor.gif?itemid=13134168

2 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Sounds like you hate America /s

Apparently. 

I am not allowed to use phrases on this day like: we launched a website, mason invades your endzone, Fine will attack your defense and today conference USA, tomorrow the world.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, NM Green said:

Warning - all Over the board here: 

1. When I hear 6.6 I always think, the antichrist was born this morning at 6am. I watched a lot of horror movies as a kid and Damien and the Omen’s series was one of my favorites.

2. There is only one D Day and the ceremonies this morning brought tears to my eyes. So powerful and I will try to stand at Freedoms Alter one day. 

3. Very cool we have a some awesome publicity coming our way with Mason’s website launch. I feel a special season in Denton ahead. I am excited to believe in it, watch it, and live it with my family and friends.

4. How about some College Gameday pub!  Remember a few years back when tcu was hot they sang them in the intro every Saturday morning.  With a cool name, Heisman hopeful, let’s get Game Day to work us into the promo. They could do a lot with the name Mean Green and for several reasons we will be a Team to watch this fall!

Lastly, none of this happens without our courageous heroes at Normandy. There are moments like this where you reflect and question your own will, purpose, courage and strength. Grateful to be Free. God bless the USA!

Well said my friend.

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 9

So glad his number isn't 7. 

Would've totally put a damper on National Dive Bar Day.

(I respect the sentiment and the all of those called today the "pride of our nation," but this wasn't a national holiday. People worked, smoked dope, slept, had abortions, mowed the lawn, ate, got caught in traffic, trimmed their toenails, cashed their paychecks, bought groceries, went for a walk, planted their gardens, prayed, etc. I was grateful to those on twitter, on news programs and in newspapers that educated and reminded our citizens what sacrifice, love of country, honor, and bravery look like. I wish it was a part of every day for all Americans. But it is ok to embrace and live the life that those we celebrate today made possible. Like Thomas Cuthbert (one of the British heroes) did:

While Mason Fine's accomplishments on the field, past and future, will and should not be remembered in the same light as our D-Day heroes, I can admit I see a unique individual here. And I embrace the deserved praise our University is working to publicize wherever it can. This is a football season to cherish, and see live.)

GMG

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

had Mason Fine been at Normandy, the whole thing would've been over in 20 minutes. Hitler would've ran straight to the bunker after and that five year old who died on August 6, 1945 in Hiroshima would've gone on to cure cancer by the mid-70s, as was his destiny. 

face it, Rick, we're just churning out better men now a days and Mason Fine is chief (ha) among them. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 5
  • Ray 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 10