3-point Line Moved Back

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

So does this help our guard oriented smaller team? Or is it better for the more physical bigger P5  teams?  There had to be an angle for this...

I think this move was a long time coming. It will hurt three-point shooting percentage  but likely not by much, and it will help space the court, which is something that needed to happen. I also don’t think it’s a coincidence that it was lengthened to the international length, as international basketball is increasingly becoming an alternative to the NCAA for the top high school prospects. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

I also don’t think it’s a coincidence that it was lengthened to the international length, as international basketball is increasingly becoming an alternative to the NCAA for the top high school prospects. 

THIS

Clearly the change was expedited after RJ Hampton's media parade proclaiming Australia's NBL as a better vehicle to prepare him for the NBA.  

Whether this sways kids to take the NCAA route to the NBA rather than alternatives is of little concern to me.  Ultimately, though, this should make the game more visually appealing to casual viewers with the extra spacing.  Also, it may 

I would think the change would make defensive length on the wings more valuable since there's now more ground to cover when closing out on three point shooters.  

Also, hopefully having to update the line will cause FIU to rethink their awful beach themed court

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I personally am not that big of a fan of the change yet.  I was onboard with  the move to the current line ten years or so ago, but I think this one is gonna cause more ill advised shots rather than good spacing.

We'll see.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1