Questions for Recruiting Podcast tonight

Do you think we are going to be able to hold onto Erik Williams and Kade Renfro?

Do you know if any other recruits are close to announcing or are really interested in UNT?

Kade Renfro has been talking about us getting ranked within the top 25 one day on Twitter, what is the level of excitement surrounding this class and Renfros excitement about potentially joining Seth?

Thank you, I love the show guys.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreen2019 said:

Do you think we are going to be able to hold onto Erik Williams and Kade Renfro?

Do you know if any other recruits are close to announcing or are really interested in UNT?

Kade Renfro has been talking about us getting ranked within the top 25 one day on Twitter, what is the level of excitement surrounding this class and Renfros excitement about potentially joining Seth?

Thank you, I love the show guys.

Why would we not hold on to these, or any of our recruits?

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Because some of our beaten fans can't accept these results without a caveat. 

Or maybe you are missing the point?

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Why would we not hold on to these, or any of our recruits?

Not saying we wouldn’t. But look at Chris Carpenter, he committed and then decommitted after he blew up with offers. We’re doing a better job with Walerius, but fighting off schools from poaching top recruits is a real threat year in year out for any school. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, MeanGreen2019 said:

Or maybe you are missing the point?

Not saying we wouldn’t. But look at Chris Carpenter, he committed and then decommitted after he blew up with offers. We’re doing a better job with Walerius, but fighting off schools from poaching top recruits is a real threat year in year out for any school. 

No, I get the point. I wasn't necessarily referring to you though.  

23 hours ago, agw0038 said:

what happens to all of our oral commits if Coach Littrell leaves for a job before December 18? This recruiting class is building a relationship with one another like i haven't seen happen at UNT before. Of course if Seth goes to a power 5 he can try to poach whichever ones he wants. But Seth has built a winning culture and family atmosphere here. i don't think if Seth happens to leave the kids will automatically de commit. I also am not sold that Seth leaves. It has to be the Perfect opportunity

In your interviews with the commits, does idea that Coach Littrell may not be there ever come up in conversation? Never

22 hours ago, SigmaGreen said:

Do we have any recruits not mentioned/announced that are committed? Yes I believe so

22 hours ago, outoftown said:

2. Given how early the class is coming in so far: is the goal to wrap up early and circle the wagons so you can focs on things other than recruiting, or are coaches about to become really aggressive in trying to sign high 3 stars and maybe even a low 4 star? I think the goal is to get the majority of the class locked in so they can build relationships with coaches and also other commits. Once relationshis are established it harder for kids to get poached later. I look for them to try to secure between 16 -18 commits before the season. Then save the remaining 5-7 commits to fill voids and get guys that slide through the cracks late ( Khatib Lyles, Jaelon Darden and Hambone)

21 hours ago, GreenFlag said:

How many are we signing this year? I believe we have  23-24 spots. It depends if we add any transfers before the season

As we appear to be building depth (correct me if I’m wrong) how will we approach JUCOs this year? Seth has just used Jucos to fill voids. He has been consistent he wants to build roster through High School kids. It is better for the overall l culture.

How did we go from missing on so many JUCOs to hitting on them? Seth and co value character over talent. Their is a lot of talented kids we have passed on due to character concerns. Seth is no nonsense when it comes to culture.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, GrandGreen said:

You might want to glance at the current roster on the official site. 

Those are early enrollees.  There was a video showing them checking in to their dorms on Twitter.

• Upvote 1