Questions for Recruiting Podcast tonight

what happens to all of our oral commits if Coach Littrell leaves for a job before December 18? 

How likely is that to happen?

In your interviews with the commits, does idea that Coach Littrell may not be there ever come up in conversation?

I'm curious how this plays in to the decision-making process. 

#GMG

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

1. NTs class is comng along really early. SMU for example has 0 commits yet. Tech and Baylor are also not yet very far in their classes. Are they gonna be more or less likely to be able to poach from NT this season?

2. Given how early the class is coming in so far: is the goal to wrap up early and circle the wagons so you can focs on things other than recruiting, or are coaches about to become really aggressive in trying to sign high 3 stars and maybe even a low 4 star?

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Any D-Line recruits, specifically DT/NT that we're targeting?

26 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Yes, what are our prospects for the defensive line and, to be specific, defensive tackle.

This and this. We're gonna be playing DE's at NT in 2021 at this rate or a DT that should be playing at the FCS level. Gotta shore it up. 

• Upvote 1

• Harry featured this topic

In the last podcast we heard the approach was to be a little more stealthy. This appears not to be the case...or is it? 

I see multiple kids in the State top 100 not signed, are we in on any of them?

How many are we signing this year?

As we appear to be building depth (correct me if I’m wrong) how will we approach JUCOs this year? 

How did we go from missing on so many JUCOs to hitting on them?

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Two members of last year's recruiting class are not on the current roster: de Sow, db Gaddie.   What is their status?

Uh-oh.  Hope there isn't more to this.  Gaddie would be a huge loss.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Gaddie will be in Denton the 10th after graduating. idk about Sow

Pure speculation but IF Sow is no longer with the team, why do you think we have struggled so much with JUCOs when we have been more successful with the HS kids. 

• Upvote 1

I know rankings will change as others commit. But what the highest ranking for North Texas?

The next milestone needed is to grap a **** player.  It something that North Texas has never had, or if we did there ranking dropped after signing with us.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, dml7007 said:

I know rankings will change as others commit. But what the highest ranking for North Texas?

The next milestone needed is to grap a **** player.  It something that North Texas has never had, or if we did there ranking dropped after signing with us.

I think we had some like say a Jamario but I’m not sure that the rankings have always been there as they are now.

23 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

Pure speculation but IF Sow is no longer with the team, why do you think we have struggled so much with JUCOs when we have been more successful with the HS kids. 

I think Sow will be fine. Juco is tougher if you aren't a qualifier that high school. just from the aspect you have to do class in a certain order. classes have to be available.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, dml7007 said:

The best class UNT has ever signed was last years class, 2019. .8282 is the best overall player average. The current class of 2020 is higher at .8289 as of right now. 

As mentioned above, Riley and Jamario are the two highest rated signed players. 

Landing a high school 4 star, especially in a good class, would be a landmark and tide turning kind of event for UNT. Needs to happen. Boise is landing 3-4 a year. UH gets 1 here and there as does a few other schools. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2