3 star OL commits (Another One) to UNT

29 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

This class seems like some of the best size we've had in a while as a collective class! Love it!!!

We have 4 OL commits. I think Williams might be a blue/greyshirt option for he has not been added to the committed class to this point. 

Of the 4 OL commits we do have, the average height and weight is 6'2.5" 275lbs. Considering these are all high school commits, this is pretty dang good. You are looking at 4 OL that could easily reach 300+ lbs by their sophomore year when they will be called on. 

Concerning part of it, we have 1 DL commit, a DE. We have to get legitimate and productive DT for this D. 3-3-5 dictates a bonafide NT. We didn't really sign one last class. I think Democo Roland of Broken Bow commited but may have not signed due to whatever reason (academic maybe?). Or he did sign and I'm incompetent at looking up basic information. Nevertheless, if he did or didn't, we are looking at 0 DT's for the 2020 and 2019 classes as it sits. That is a colossal problem. The pro SL people will in SL we trust all day, but this is an issue. A big one. We need 2-3 THIS class. We have 0. 

• Thanks 2

Wow, this class is coming together eeeeeaaaarly! Some of the others are gonna catch up, particularly if there were to be a lot of Littrell leaving talk before early signing day. That said, so far NT is way ahead of everyone else right now, ranked 30 nationally on 247. That is 10 spots ahead of the next non-power conference team (Cincy). SMU to name a random example, has yet to announce a single commit (I guess they are going to stealth recruit this season).

The fact that only 3 non power conference teams are in the top 50 also says a lot (in more than one way).

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 2