Updated Bowl Tie-ins Announced

The P5 bowl tie-ins have been announced. G5 is yet TBD. However, MWC picked back up their tie-in associated with a P5 in the new LA Bowl. They lost the tie-in to the LV Bowl a few months ago. 

The MAC now has a tie-in with a P5 opponent in the Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit. I believe they use to hold this tie-in. They have it back. 

The AAC has 4 tie-ins with P5 opponents. The new Fenway Park Bowl, Military Bowl, B'ham Bowl, and Gasparilla Bowl. 

As it sits, Sun Belt and CUSA have no such tie-ins.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 3
  • Downvote 2

On 6/4/2019 at 6:52 PM, meangreenlax said:

Looks like it's going to be a G5 race to the bottom for the Myrtle Beach Herpes Bowl

it is lousy bowl but I rather go to a bowl game there than in a bowl game in the Bahamas or Albuquerque.

Then again if any of those are our choices I prefer to go to the Frisco Bowl and not have a major expense.  Went to the New Mexico Bowl and that was worth the price of admission😐

Edited by southsideguy
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

43 bowls now. It's ridiculous. 35 at most is ideal. Really 30 is where I'd like to see it. It's far too saturated now and has lost its meaning. 

As long as cities are willing to pay and teams willing to play they will have 40 plus bowls.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

As long as cities are willing to pay and teams willing to play they will have 40 plus bowls.

You're right. But it's only a matter of time before bowls have minimal attendance than they already do, tv ratings plummet worse than they already have and sponsors start pulling out. When that inevitably starts happening, it will overcorrect itself. 

• Upvote 1