DRC: Orr to headline UNT Hall of Fame class

Brett Vito

Scattershooting this article:

* How has it taken this long to put Coach St. Clair in the hall of fame?3

* Camper was a great high school QB at Dallas Samuel, I believe, that turned in to a dynamic receiver teaming with Scott Davis.  Really run to watch.

* Casey Fitzgerald, worked at Whataburger to make ends meet because he was a walk-on.  I still remember the 99 yard TD reception at Fouts.

* We have had a lot of great linebackers through the years, but man, Orr was  truly a leader as well as one heck of a player.  Love the quotes from his dad.

This is a strong class.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

* Camper was a great high school QB at Dallas Samuel, I believe, that turned in to a dynamic receiver teaming with Scott Davis.  Really run to watch.

* Casey Fitzgerald, worked at Whataburger to make ends meet because he was a walk-on.  I still remember the 99 yard TD reception at Fouts.

* We have had a lot of great linebackers through the years, but man, Orr was  truly a leader as well as one heck of a player.  Love the quotes from his dad.

This is a strong class.

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1

17 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

This is a strong class.

Totally agree about St. Clair. People talk about "Iron man" this-and-that sport, but St. Clair did "Iron Man Coaching".

It's about time that Camper (I believe he was #4 on your program) was recognized as well. Fun to watch is absolutely right.....especially when he was returning a punt. He had a career receiving total of 1939 yards, but he also had a career return total of 1574 yards. 

And who can forget his 224 receiving yards against Texas in the 1988 game. It was his senior year and Texas had to know what a threat he was...….yet he got 224 yards on them. 

Zac Orr was (IMHO) our version of Mike Singletary. 

• Upvote 1