Austin Coaches Caravan Reminder

Austin coaches caravan is tomorrow night at Austin Eastciders at 6 pm. 

Buy tickets here

Looking forward to seeing @Jason Howeth @MDH and other Austin alumni. Hopefully we'll have a similar turnout to last year. Let alums you know in Austin know about this. 

• Upvote 3

• Harry featured this topic

Overall, I’d say the turnout was ok. Unfortunately, it didn’t look as good as Houston’s. I met some alums that aren’t really involved and tried encouraging them to come around more. 

I hope the AD continue to work on getting more engagement is Austin and doesn’t abandon this stop in the future. My family had a great time and it’s always great getting some face time with the staff and coaches. 

On a more football note, I had a one-on-one conversation with Littrell and he was very positive about this upcoming season. He’s going to be more involved in the offense and doing things his way, like his UNC days. He said good things about Aune and Bean as Fine backups and eventual replacements. He doesn’t think the offense will skip a beat from last season.

Defense sounded more of a question mark but he was excited about some of the younger players. He doesn’t shy away from the fact that this is an area that is more of an unknown. 

It really does seem like Littrell genuinely enjoy being here, but I really hope we can continue to build up our facilities and fan base to make him want to stay. 

• Upvote 6

27 minutes ago, cdizzle86 said:

Overall, I’d say the turnout was ok. Unfortunately, it didn’t look as good as Houston’s. I met some alums that aren’t really involved and tried encouraging them to come around more. 

I hope the AD continue to work on getting more engagement is Austin and doesn’t abandon this stop in the future. My family had a great time and it’s always great getting some face time with the staff and coaches. 

On a more football note, I had a one-on-one conversation with Littrell and he was very positive about this upcoming season. He’s going to be more involved in the offense and doing things his way, like his UNC days. He said good things about Aune and Bean as Fine backups and eventual replacements. He doesn’t think the offense will skip a beat from last season.

Defense sounded more of a question mark but he was excited about some of the younger players. He doesn’t shy away from the fact that this is an area that is more of an unknown. 

It really does seem like Littrell genuinely enjoy being here, but I really hope we can continue to build up our facilities and fan base to make him want to stay. 

That's unfortunate. I don't think canvas emails gets the juices flowing for these kind of events. Not to be a troll, but maybe we should start trolling to boost attendance on this kind of stuff. Such as, holding the event on SMU's boulevard, or San Antonio's Riverwalk, or Louisiana Tech's, ummm, nevermind. Fort Worth's Sun Dance Square? I don't know, but holding this event too far away from UNT without a recognizable reason to attend is not going to pull quality results. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

8 hours ago, cdizzle86 said:

Wish we would’ve connected. I will say, I think the rain played a part in the low attendance for sure. There were a few people from the steering committee but definitely saw some new people too.

talked with Jared Moseley, seems they’ll continue to do austin- apparently San Antonio’s was terrible a few years ago. Hope to see you at the round rock express game next month.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, meanJewGreen said:

Wish we would’ve connected. I will say, I think the rain played a part in the low attendance for sure. There were a few people from the steering committee but definitely saw some new people too.

talked with Jared Moseley, seems they’ll continue to do austin- apparently San Antonio’s was terrible a few years ago. Hope to see you at the round rock express game next month.

SA's was terrible a couple of years ago for a reason. Graduations killed most of us that were happening the same night.They were asked to come down after spring ball was over & do something in association with Fiesta. They would of had over 150 like we had before the FB game here in '16!

They could care less.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

On 6/5/2019 at 8:03 AM, meanJewGreen said:

We are going to try and go to the Round Rock game. Would be nice to meet up while there. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, James said:

Definitely would love to know if there is one, I am right down the road from the Dell Diamond. 

Don’t know about that, but we attended the Frisco NT alumni game last summer and it was a great experience. There was a reserved outfield area with food and booze. Quite a bargain. 

• Upvote 1