Caravan Opener

1 hour ago, MeanGreen2019 said:

Yikes, well hopefully with our momentum and Wren, we’ll be able to change that over the next few years. Caravan event was fun though, I look forward to going to the next one in Denton. 

Yeah, I need to get back into the donating realm. 

I think they would have far more success if the athletic department would create allotted accounts for projects so people could donate into their project of choice as well as the MGSF. People are more inclined to give their money if they know what their money will be used for. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

Question for those that usually attend the Caravans:   What are your thoughts on the single caravan in Arlington vs. haw they’ve been in the past (broken up to Collin, Dallas, and Tarrant counties).   Was this year better or do you prefer it like it was in the past?

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Question for those that usually attend the Caravans:   What are your thoughts on the single caravan in Arlington vs. haw they’ve been in the past (broken up to Collin, Dallas, and Tarrant counties).   Was this year better or do you prefer it like it was in the past?

I talked to Wren a little bit about this very topic.  He said this is the direction they are going... One stop vs a bunch.  He said the demand on their coaches is getting greater and having multiple stops would mean in the future you might not see Seth at all of them. 

He also said next year that they will try to line this event up with the Rangers University day for UNT

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrStrange18 said:

I talked to Wren a little bit about this very topic.  He said this is the direction they are going... One stop vs a bunch.  He said the demand on their coaches is getting greater and having multiple stops would mean in the future you might not see Seth at all of them. 

He also said next year that they will try to line this event up with the Rangers University day for UNT

I would hope for DFW they have one Dallas/Collin county one and one tarrant county one so people dont have to drive so far during the week/weekend.

• Sad 2
  • Eye Roll 1

3 minutes ago, meanJewGreen said:

I would hope for DFW they have one Dallas/Collin county one and one tarrant county one so people dont have to drive so far during the week/weekend.

One in Arlington and one in Denton seems like a pretty good spread for people to decide which one to go to. 

• Upvote 3

On 6/2/2019 at 8:20 AM, MeanGreen2019 said:

I went to the coaches caravan for the first time ever yesterday and saw a flyer they handed out. It said that only .3% of all of our alumni donate to the MGSF, is the donating really that bad? 

The other interesting stat was only 3% of former student athletes give. 

Its crazy to think what we could do if our alumni giving went from .3% to even 3%

On 6/2/2019 at 11:51 AM, agw0038 said:

how was the turnout?

Alumni Association announced 170...Brett Vito said "a couple of hundred".  The optics were good regarding crowd size, but we all know that 170 for a Metroplex event is not near where it should be with the number of Alums in the Metroplex.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I liked the single event concept.  Our attendance is not good enough to keep spending the $$$ they do on multiple caravans around the metroplex.  Especially since many fans attend multiple caravans within the metroplex.

Wren said that he wanted to get the Caravan date next year the same date as the UNT Night at the Rangers Game.  Have the Caravan start about three hours before the game and folks could just walk over to the game after the Caravan.  Might help attendance at both events.  Thought it was a decent idea.  No clue if they could actually get that set up, but knowing Wren...it is a distinct possibility I would think.  As they say in radio land...stay tuned.

• Upvote 2

On 6/2/2019 at 8:20 AM, MeanGreen2019 said:

I went to the coaches caravan for the first time ever yesterday and saw a flyer they handed out. It said that only .3% of all of our alumni donate to the MGSF, is the donating really that bad? 

This is right in line with how small our endowment is relative to our age/alumni base.  It’s disheartening.

Our alumni engagement (highlighted by athletics) has been downright pathetic over the years.  Granted ,we haven’t given them much to cheer about...

Time to move forward and get excited for what is possible.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, greenminer said:

This is right in line with how small our endowment is relative to our age/alumni base.  It’s disheartening.

Our alumni engagement (highlighted by athletics) has been downright pathetic over the years.  Granted ,we haven’t given them much to cheer about...

Time to move forward and get excited for what is possible.

As Wren said at the event "we just gotta keep winning"

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

I liked the single event concept.  Our attendance is not good enough to keep spending the $$$ they do on multiple caravans around the metroplex.  Especially since many fans attend multiple caravans within the metroplex.

Wren said that he wanted to get the Caravan date next year the same date as the UNT Night at the Rangers Game.  Have the Caravan start about three hours before the game and folks could just walk over to the game after the Caravan.  Might help attendance at both events.  Thought it was a decent idea.  No clue if they could actually get that set up, but knowing Wren...it is a distinct possibility I would think.  As they say in radio land...stay tuned.

That idea about coinciding with the Ranger game might improve it a bit but I too like the single event concept, but prefer the way we used to do it.

I liked it in August on a Saturday right after a scrimmage.  Everyone including the team, their family and coaches and our fans meet for a barbecue lunch.or dinner.  Everyone gets to meet the new faces, coaches and players of all sports alike.  We could pick up our season tickets and get ready for another promising season.

It might just be me but it seemed more exciting  right before the season started?

Rick

18 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

That idea about coinciding with the Ranger game might improve it a bit but I too like the single event concept, but prefer the way we used to do it.

I liked it in August on a Saturday right after a scrimmage.  Everyone including the team, their family and coaches and our fans meet for a barbecue lunch.or dinner.  Everyone gets to meet the new faces, coaches and players of all sports alike.  We could pick up our season tickets and get ready for another promising season.

It might just be me but it seemed more exciting  right before the season started?

Rick

Attendance would be much better if it was closer to the season and incorporated ticket pick ups. Doing it the week after school gets out 3 months before the season starts is a recipe for poor attendance. I would consider myself a die hard and I can't say I've ever attended one of these. It's just not important to me. Is the show of attendance at this kind of event a program trajectory indicator? 

16 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Attendance would be much better if it was closer to the season and incorporated ticket pick ups. Doing it the week after school gets out 3 months before the season starts is a recipe for poor attendance. I would consider myself a die hard and I can't say I've ever attended one of these. It's just not important to me. Is the show of attendance at this kind of event a program trajectory indicator? 

Yup, for me it’s usually a day I’m on duty.  Of course last year it worked out cause it was 6 blocks from my station and I had the engine drop me off on the way to a call at 8th and Houston.  The look on Littrell’s face when we pulled up, lights and sirens screaming and out I jumped..LOL!

Rick

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Rick

They are still doing the season ticket pick up event in August during a scrimmage like they did last year.  Also, I think they are going to tack on the garage sale we missed during the spring game as well.

So I think an event now and the one in August is great.  

They can't make everyone happy.

• Upvote 1

On 6/2/2019 at 11:51 AM, agw0038 said:

how was the turnout?

I thought it was so-so considering they combined the Dallas, Tarrant, and Collin (was there a Rockwall one too?) ones together.  Cool venue, but I enjoyed the A/C at Park Place Lexus better.

Also think it would have been closer for Collin County people to drive to Denton than Arlington.  It was an hour to get there from Plano on Saturday due to normal I-30 Arlington traffic.

On an unrelated note, I liked the Jumpman polo that Coach had on.  Do we now have Jumpman Mean Green stuff?  I think I own all the other polo shirt iterations. 😁

Edited by Pavlovs Eagle