DRC: Kade Renfro talks about decision to play for UNT

Brett Vito

So, is he just going to camps this summer?  I dont see a problem with that... Is FSU recruiting him or is that something cool they do for guys at camp (putting on the uni and all)?

From his twitter, it looks like hes going to a few camps.  The rest of his stuff looks very Mean Green to me.  Also, I am sure Seth and Co are keeping in touch often through all this. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, MrStrange18 said:

So, is he just going to camps this summer?  I dont see a problem with that... Is FSU recruiting him or is that something cool they do for guys at camp (putting on the uni and all)?

From his twitter, it looks like hes going to a few camps.  The rest of his stuff looks very Mean Green to me.  Also, I am sure Seth and Co are keeping in touch often through all this. 

Our jealous girlfriend look is showing. We've been hurt too many times, man!! Now our new beau is over there talking to the girl at the movie ticket kiosk. haha

Edited by Tyler Maryak
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

19 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Just my thinking, and I hope I’m wrong (and hope he’s enjoying himself) but getting the feeling Kade might not be a member of the Mean Green next year. Seems a little too interested (based on the comments) in "the greener grass next door". Again, hope I’m wrong.

Questions -

• Do we continue to recruit actively recruit other QB's
  • Does having him as a commitment hurt us in recruiting other QB's? 

This is how you know the program has turned a corner, but the fan base perhaps has not. This is what it looks like when you recruit at a higher level. Those recruits are going to be at a lot of camps; going to be putting on a lot of jerseys; going to be singing the praises of a lot of the instruction/instructors at those camps.

Ya'll need to chill with the disrespect talk, as its pretty foolhardy.

Answers -

• Always.
  • No?
Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

This is how you know the program has turned a corner, but the fan base perhaps has not. This is what it looks like when you recruit at a higher level. Those recruits are going to be at a lot of camps; going to be putting on a lot of jerseys; going to be singing the praises of a lot of the instruction/instructors at those camps.

Ya'll need to chill with the disrespect talk, as its pretty foolhardy.

Answers -

• Always.
  • No?

Understand, but more and more of these kids give the "respect my decision" or similar and these go out and continue to look. Respect goes both ways. And please before you give me the "he's a 17/18 year old and let him enjoy" - I agree and would have no problem with him saying how he enjoyed the camps, but if your going to make commitments (guess I'm old school) don't turn around a few days later and say how much you would like to "continue" learning from them in the future. Say what you want, but he is still shopping for what he considers a "better" offer.

• Upvote 5

25 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Understand, but more and more of these kids give the "respect my decision" or similar and these go out and continue to look. Respect goes both ways. And please before you give me the "he's a 17/18 year old and let him enjoy" - I agree and would have no problem with him saying how he enjoyed the camps, but if your going to make commitments (guess I'm old school) don't turn around a few days later and say how much you would like to "continue" learning from them in the future. Say what you want, but he is still shopping for what he considers a "better" offer.

My point exactly.  Respect isn't given, it is earned.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

interesting conversation.... my take: thats just the way recruiting is these days. Kids are going to put themselves out there. I think we should just enjoy the ride (just like he is). 

This staff has quickly become the gatekeepers to P5 attention. It is both a compliment and a concern.

It is what it is. Sit back and enjoy the ride! 😎

Go Mean Green! 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

"Respect my decision" is a recruiting meme. 

• Eye Roll 2

20 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Didn't she also go to UNT? I thought this was taken in one of the dorms? 

I am pretty sure she did. We were actually at a wedding after party. My buddy tried to buy her a shot, and she wouldn’t let him lol.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Christopher Walker said:

Dont look at me. I’m only the messenger out here explaining the youths to ye elders.

Making excuses is what it looks like. Guess I am now an elder, but your word should be your word if you want people to respect it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 2

23 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Nothing wrong with getting older, and wiser UNTLifer.

This hasn't come with age.  My parents stressed that your word had to be true or people wouldn't trust you.  I've tried to live that way, and think it is a thought of the past now with many.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

This hasn't come with age.  My parents stressed that your word had to be true or people wouldn't trust you.  I've tried to live that way, and think it is a thought of the past now with many.

My point was, at least in my case, "honestly and integrity" was instilled in me and my three siblings at a very early age by my immigrant Father.  And I still live by those two words......until I die.

• Upvote 5
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 2