DRC: Kade Renfro talks about decision to play for UNT

Brett Vito

7 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

How early is he enrolling?  I think I missed that in the article, but he did comment that he would be able to learn from Fine. 

"Renfro plans to sign with UNT during the early period that begins Dec. 18 and enroll at the semester break."

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

I understand that, and it would be highly unusual for a player graduating to hang around in the spring of the following year. Heck, I would bet Fine is on track to graduate this Fall. 

He’ll at least be around here for NTs Pro Day next year, even if he’s graduated.

So although it won’t be a significant overlap, I bet Mason’s the kind of guy who would carve out some time to work with Renfro.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TIgreen01 said:

Like seeing mention of a New Year's Six bowl as a future goal.  Our staff is moving the bar higher every year.

Yeah, it's a lofty goal for sure. Undefeated, couple of P5 wins, and hope that a similar MWC or AAC school doesn't do the same in a season.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/3/2019 at 10:13 AM, TIgreen01 said:

Like seeing mention of a New Year's Six bowl as a future goal.  Our staff is moving the bar higher every year.

Someone @ Coach Littrell about getting a top 25 ranking this season and this is how Kade responded. Audacious...and I like it.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, Tyler Maryak said:

Someone @ Coach Littrell about getting a top 25 ranking this season and this is how Kade responded. Audacious...and I like it.

Normally, I would say "Of course, the goal for every school is top 25 ranking and New Years 6 Bowl," but even other schools are taking note of our dedication and improvement across the board in athletics. Consensus seems to be that we have the highest ceiling in the conference and that we are the ones driving the most aggressively to continually improve. It is noteworthy when other schools see what you see. See CSN boards for that.  

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

So Ohio St is the school telling him not to commit anywhere and he might have a spot in February.

Well, if we have to lose a recruit.... Ohio State is someone I couldn't feel bad we lost out to.

However, i think is they are actually interested there will be may other P5's calling

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Well, if we have to lose a recruit.... Ohio State is someone I couldn't feel bad we lost out to.

However, i think is they are actually interested there will be may other P5's calling

But with the same story. Wait until February and you might have a spot.

1 hour ago, KeithLee said:

Maybe he is trying to get that 4th ️  You know how it is.... you have to have at least 10 P5 offers to be a 4️.  So subjective!!  Most of the commits have goals of being the first class with 4️‘S. Just my 2 cents. 

This times 💯💯💯. Every time a "Mean Green Commit" goes to a camp and puts on a show it is amazing publicity for the University but also for the other recruits at the camp. They realize UNTamed20 isn't messing around. 

• Thanks 5