‘20 TE Jake Roberts - Norman North (OK)

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Interesting that if Roberts and Lee sign we have signed 3 high school tight ends in the last two classes. After not signing any in Littrell’s first three classes. In fact I don’t think Littrell offered any tight ends in the 16, 17, or 18 classes

You are correct.  Coach Macartney signed Kelvin Smith and Kevin Dillman in 2015 for the tight end position.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

Interesting that if Roberts and Lee sign we have signed 3 high school tight ends in the last two classes. After not signing any in Littrell’s first three classes. In fact I don’t think Littrell offered any tight ends in the 16, 17, or 18 classes

It goes to show the offensive shift from Harrell to Reeder, as well as bringing in Mayes.

TE doesn't seem to be an afterthought anymore, and given Littrell's experience coaching tight ends, it's surprising it took this long.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
20 minutes ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

Here are his highlights from weeks 1-7. I really like that he is going to come here with experience blocking out of the backfield in a similar scheme. If he proves to be a great blocker he will see the field sooner than later.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2CAES8

I really feel like he will become a great player for us for the reasons you outline.

Just now, Harry said:

I really feel like he will become a great player for us for the reasons you outline.

I have been Mr. Negative on the forums given how the seasons gone but watching the high school commits senior film is really lifting my spirits and outlook going forward because that's three solids classes in a row. All we need is a few more guys that play in the trenches who can make a difference to commit and we're going to be kicking a lot of ass in a couple years.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

I have been Mr. Negative on the forums given how the seasons gone but watching the high school commits senior film is really lifting my spirits and outlook going forward because that's three solids classes in a row. All we need is a few more guys that play in the trenches who can make a difference to commit and we're going to be kicking a lot of ass in a couple years.

This post makes me wonder how big of a turnaround we’d have if we had - say - one all-CUSA guy on the line, on each side of the ball. Would one playmaker in the trenches be enough, or do we need 2-3 guys to step up to have an O/D we can trust?

Edited by greenminer

9 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

Here are his highlights from weeks 1-7. I really like that he is going to come here with experience blocking out of the backfield in a similar scheme. If he proves to be a great blocker he will see the field sooner than later.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2CAES8

I think he’ll be the best all-around tight end on our roster next year

On 10/24/2019 at 8:58 PM, greenminer said:

This post makes me wonder how big of a turnaround we’d have if we had - say - one all-CUSA guy on the line, on each side of the ball. Would one playmaker in the trenches be enough, or do we need 2-3 guys to step up to have an O/D we can trust?

To answer your question on the defensive side, yes.  

Brandon Kennedy made every other player better.

• Upvote 1

Just now, emmitt01 said:

To answer your question on the defensive side, yes.  

Brandon Kennedy made every other player better.

woahwoahwoah, my Mean Green friend.  I'm talking about some simple all-CUSA players.  aka Playmakers at a high level within our own conference.  It is just not reasonable to expect another guy who can destroy planets, showers in vodka, and will intercept two balls on the same play.

That kind of guy only happens once in a lifetime, sir.

To the Booger!
giphy.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...