Boom!!! North Texas lands QB Commit

3 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

It's the trendy sig line nowadays with the kids in their what they think is infamous "decision" on twitter or instagram, etc.. Much like, "I have decided to 'take my talents to....X'". 

So he anticipates catching a lot of twitter crap from his friends for making a commitment to North Texas?

• Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

No. He anticipates nothing except a couple butthurt assistants from other schools chiming in on his choice of school. It means little to nothing. It's a trendy phrase right now and needs to go away. 

I totally agree. Especially when it's applied to our school in any manner.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

To other coaches recruiting him

"Bigger conference schools" telling him just wait and I should be able to get you an offer?

UNT is where he wants to be and he is better than waiting for other school's first option not choosing them?

• Upvote 3

Was named the QB MVP at The Opening's Houston Regional three months ago.

Found a recent interview...

Where are you seeing the biggest improvements this offseason in your game from technique and form to the mental aspects of the game?

“The biggest improvement is from playing under center. We do a lot in the spread out here. Knowing the drops from under center, which drops to throw to routes, and how to read the defenses from under center have all been big improvements and growth in my game.”

Have you gone to any camps this offseason?

“Yes, sir. I went to the Army All-American Combine in January (San Antonio), the regional camp in Dallas for the Nike Opening, and I went to the Elite 11 in Houston. I won MVP there for QBs at the Houston Elite 11.”

Wow. Congrats.

“Thank you.”

What did you do well at the Elite 11 to earn MVP honors?

“My drive to go out there to get what I have worked so hard for was there – I earned it. I showed them what I have to offer. I showed that I can be the guy who can make all the throws with no drops and that I am the guy who can read the defenses.”

Source: https://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/interview-rising-3-star-2020-texas-qb-austin-renfro-covers-spring-workouts-and-recruiting/

Exciting day for the Mean Green!

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Please respect my decision? What an odd thing to say.

This has become a pretty standard phrase for these social media announcements. Nothing to see here.

also:

• Upvote 6

19 hours ago, 97and03 said:

This has become a pretty standard phrase for these social media announcements. Nothing to see here.

also:

It’s is pretty awesome to see Sean Salisbury comment favorably on our program and Kade.  He really knows his stuff!

• Upvote 3