• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
Coach Bill Lewis

Time to invite Liberty to C-USA?

22 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

And tenure is a ridiculous concept which needs to go 

Yes.  One of the cornerstones of the western educational system, that frees researchers/educators from political influence from within and without the University needs to go... Congrats, you and Premier Xi JinPing agree whole-heartedly.

I'm not an expert, but it seems we have a lot of tenured professors who are all about pushing political and religious beliefs and punishing those who do not agree. I understand tenure should allow them "freedom", but it should not allow them to be the judge, jury, and executioner. 

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

Who actually listens to salt and peppered pony tailed dirty looking professors who wear the same sport coat every day as a theme of life guidance? 

If you do, well, you'll grow up...eventually. 

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Professors should be evaluated on their teaching ability. That is what students pay them for. Tenure allows most to spend their time in research and very little teaching and they are untouchable once tenured. It is a jacked up system. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Professors should be evaluated on their teaching ability. That is what students pay them for. Tenure allows most to spend their time in research and very little teaching and they are untouchable once tenured. It is a jacked up system. 

But university rankings depend on getting grants for research. That Tier 1 ranking we brag about depends on this.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, GangGreen said:

I would be more interested in adding New Mexico St. as a basketball only school.

No cause the whole time they will be pushing us to add them in football and that just is not going to work.  I agree they have a decent basketball program though and would probably help our RPI.  But I see no reason to get their hopes up for FB by adding them.

45 minutes ago, GangGreen said:

I would be more interested in adding New Mexico St. as a basketball only school.

It's pretty clear that C-USA is not interested in adding schools without football.  I have to say, I agree with that policy.