UTSA revises scheduling strategy

Harry

it will be interesting to see how UTSA handles a coach like Spavital At Texas State.  That could become a tougher game for them than it has been in the past.

kindof weird that they do not play Texas State this year 2019 but the series resumes in 2020.

4 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Wilson is in the hot seat I would think this upcoming year. Didn’t hear much about Marcus Davenport last season either, is he a legit bust or was I not paying attention? 

I think they will stick with Wilson for as long as his contract forces them to.  Davenport showed very promising signs but suffered a toe injury to my understanding which hurt him.

12 hours ago, Harry said:

it will be interesting to see how UTSA handles a coach like Spavital At Texas State.  That could become a tougher game for them than it has been in the past.

kindof weird that they do not play Texas State this year 2019 but the series resumes in 2020.

Yeah and I'd think Spavital will only get better in that second year with more of his players.

4 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Wilson is in the hot seat I would think this upcoming year. Didn’t hear much about Marcus Davenport last season either, is he a legit bust or was I not paying attention? 

Wilson's job is entirely hinging on Frank Harris, if he goes down or underperforms, Wilson is gone.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Wilson's job is entirely hinging on Frank Harris, if he goes down or underperforms, Wilson is gone.

Looks like Wilson’s contract goes through Dec 2020:

https://projects.newsday.com/college-football-coaches-salaries-contracts/frank-wilson/

If this is accurate they will have to renew his deal after this season or he’s toast in recruiting with only a year left on his deal.

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Looks like Wilson’s contract goes through Dec 2020:

https://projects.newsday.com/college-football-coaches-salaries-contracts/frank-wilson/

If this is accurate they will have to renew his deal after this season or he’s toast in recruiting with only a year left on his deal.

I won't be surprised if they just let it run out. 2020 will be a lame duck year while they try to find his replacement.

It seems he's going to fall to the same fate as McCarney, trying to fit too many square pegs in round holes. SEC style ground and pound just isn't sustainable at the G5 level. 

• Upvote 1