‘20 LB Taiwan Berryhill - New Orleans

• 1 month later...

Really not trying to get into a pissing contest since I love North Texas so much but there is a renewed excitement about Kansas football since the school has finally decided to invest in them. Why wouldn't you want to play for Les Miles? Also, the proximity to Kansas City helps to have more things to do and the atmosphere here during March Madness is unlike any other place I've lived (and I've been around). Just helping y'all understand why they are raking in recruits. 

• Downvote 2

22 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Really not trying to get into a pissing contest since I love North Texas so much but there is a renewed excitement about Kansas football since the school has finally decided to invest in them. Why wouldn't you want to play for Les Miles? Also, the proximity to Kansas City helps to have more things to do and the atmosphere here during March Madness is unlike any other place I've lived (and I've been around). Just helping y'all understand why they are raking in recruits. 

Kansas a power five does not have one four star recruit per 247.

They are basically beating out G5's for recruits that are  rated higher once they get a P5 offer from Kansas.  

Their recruiting may have improved but I doubt that the OU and UT's of the conference are impressed. 

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Kansas a power five has one four star recruit. 

They are basically beating out G5 for recruits that are  rated higher once they get a P5 offer from Kansas.  

Their recruiting may have improved but I doubt that the OU and UT's of the conference are impressed. 

It's not even the first year into a new regime and head coaching change. They aren't going to be getting 5 star recruits overnight but the noted improvement from previous years to this year has already been staggering so I doubt that they care if UT or OU are impressed so early into the new process.  

7 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

It's not even the first year into a new regime and head coaching change. They aren't going to be getting 5 star recruits overnight but the noted improvement from previous years to this year has already been staggering so I doubt that they care if UT or OU are impressed so early into the new process.  

What demonstrates that Kansas recruiting has improved other than they already have 21 commits?

I don't see staggering improvements when their average recruiting rating is actually a bit lower than last year. 

I frankly don't care about Kansas other than they are winning recruiting battles against NT, which they definitely have a huge advantage being in the B12 to do so.  

• Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

What demonstrates that Kansas recruiting has improved other than they already have 21 commits?

I don't see staggering improvements when their average recruiting rating is actually a bit lower than last year. 

I frankly don't care about Kansas other than they are winning recruiting battles against NT, which they definitely have a huge advantage being in the B12 to do so.  

Well, for starters, they've gone from being ranked bottom or close to bottom of the Big 12 in recruiting in multiple years to currently being second in the Big 12. They are also winning head to head recruiting battles against P5 schools like Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia Tech, Navy, West Virginia, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Nebraska, and Purdue which is way more telling than any recruiting rating and is a much better indicator of quality than stars. And if you don't care about them, don't come at me about whether they have actually improved in recruiting or not because I follow it very closely. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Avg rating if their recruits is almost exactly the same as last year. They have several highly rated 3 stars but also some very low 3 stars. In fact, they have the lowest avg in the conference. Their ranking is based on volume.

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/?Conference=Big-12

I will note that they seem to have better energy and enthusiasm than previously - hence the high volume of verbals to this point. 

Edited by 97and03

35 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Avg rating if their recruits is almost exactly the same as last year. They have several highly rated 3 stars but also some very low 3 stars. In fact, they have the lowest avg in the conference. Their ranking is based on volume.

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/?Conference=Big-12

I will note that they seem to have better energy and enthusiasm than previously - hence the high volume of verbals to this point. 

To reiterate, I'm going based on offers rather than stars. Their "lower rated" recruits chose them over schools like Army, Navy, Air Force, and Arizona State. Go up the list and they are beating out the P5 schools that I noted above and more. Stars are garbage rankings for quality because that system has become so watered down. The fact is, they are winning head to head recruiting battles with schools in their own conference, as well as other P5 conferences, which never used to happen. Back to the original point of why we are even on this conversation to begin with, why are they getting so many recruits? As we've both said, high energy, renewed enthusiasm, and intangibles that I listed above which all factor in to this point. So downvote me all you want, my original point stands, big things are happening in Lawrence.

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2

48 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

To reiterate, I'm going based on offers rather than stars. Their "lower rated" recruits chose them over schools like Army, Navy, Air Force, and Arizona State. Go up the list and they are beating out the P5 schools that I noted above and more. Stars are garbage rankings for quality because that system has become so watered down. The fact is, they are winning head to head recruiting battles with schools in their own conference, as well as other P5 conferences, which never used to happen. Back to the original point of why we are even on this conversation to begin with, why are they getting so many recruits? As we've both said, high energy, renewed enthusiasm, and intangibles that I listed above which all factor in to this point. So downvote me all you want, my original point stands, big things are happening in Lawrence.

They are obviously ranked high only because of the current number of commits.  They will be in their usual close to bottom or bottom of the b12 when it is all over. 

I doubt that many that follow recruiting much are impressed by beating out a service academy.   The service academies have almost unlimited ships plus there are not a lot of players that want to commit to the military service required. 

As far as renewed intangibles, ok by definition that is almost  impossible to measure.  Anyone can make that declaration about just about any program in the land.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

They are obviously ranked high only because of the current number of commits.  They will be in their usual close to bottom or bottom of the b12 when it is all over. 

I doubt that many that follow recruiting much are impressed by beating out a service academy.   The service academies have almost unlimited ships plus there are not a lot of players that want to commit to the military service required. 

As far as renewed intangibles, ok by definition that is almost  impossible to measure.  Anyone can make that declaration about just about any program in the land.  

Once again missed the point. Original question, "Why are they recruiting so well?" I answered that emphatically with evidence. I'm over this conversation 

1 hour ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Once again missed the point. Original question, "Why are they recruiting so well?" I answered that emphatically with evidence. I'm over this conversation 

I failed to see any convincing evidence you provided, but I am ecstatic you are over the conversation. 

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Well, for starters, they've gone from being ranked bottom or close to bottom of the Big 12 in recruiting in multiple years to currently being second in the Big 12. They are also winning head to head recruiting battles against P5 schools like Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia Tech, Navy, West Virginia, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Nebraska, and Purdue which is way more telling than any recruiting rating and is a much better indicator of quality than stars. And if you don't care about them, don't come at me about whether they have actually improved in recruiting or not because I follow it very closely. 

Their ranking, much like ours as far as nationally, is where it's at based on quantity and not quality. Their average composite is basically dead on where it was last year. They will be leap frogged by everyone in conference and end up at 10th in the Big12. They currently have the lowest average composite in that conference and less than a point higher than UNT's average composite. This is not "big things happening", but rather things just happening, quicker. 

And your evidence is anecdotal at best. They were beating out the opposition for players in last years class as well, or at least according to 247. These players are mostly fillers though that would be nice special team guys at a place like Okie State or TCU and starters at KU or UNT. 

Edited by NorthTexasWeLove