2019 NCAA SB Tournament.

Figured since it’s playing out on several tv sports channels I’d start a thread for this tournament for discussion.

I don’t see anyone beating Oklahoma but you never know.

Our conference rep La Tech has one loss but has a very solid chance to get a win today vs Monmouth.

There are 32 conferences represented by their champions and 32 at large entries.  

The SEC led with the most teams represented with 13 in but I think its bs that teams like A&M with a 29-27 record get in just because they pump a gillian dollars in for softball. 

There are four conferences that have no post season tournament, thus do not have a Co-Champion.

West Coast

Big West

Mountain West

Pac 12

First round is a double elimination. Second round is a best of three.

The final 8 teams standing go to the World Series in Ok City.

Rick

I think it’s going to come down to OU vs Florida or Florida St. I’m pulling for La Tech to make some noise and would really be disappointed if they got bounced by Monmouth. Lastly...I loved seeing Texas get embarrassed at home against Sam Houston St. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

I think it’s going to come down to OU vs Florida or Florida St. I’m pulling for La Tech to make some noise and would really be disappointed if they got bounced by Monmouth. Lastly...I loved seeing Texas get embarrassed at home against Sam Houston St. 

We beat SHSU in Huntsville. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Pulling for James Madison, the last of the non Power 5 school’s left.  

Interestingly they came up thru the loser bracket and made the final, which had to be played on Monday due to weather in Ann Arbor against Michigan,...and beat Michigan in a doubleheader to advance to the Super Regionals vs UCLA.

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2

James Madison eliminated in two straight by UCLA.  Nothing but mega money left.  

Yesterday OU played their 27th shutout of the season.  That’s the definition of dominat pitching so I’ll safely predict their team (made up of less than a third who are actually from the state of Oklahoma) will win it all again.

Rick

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Yeah I’m about sick of OU winning it every year with players from California and Florida 😅

Looks like your gonna get your wish. OU’s top pitcher  G. Juarez, who pitched for Arizona St last year, got rocked in the 4th and taken out.  Lady Bruins up 5-1 in the 5th.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

I think that was a terrible decision by Gasso to pull Juarez and just feed her team to the wolves like that.  Very demoralizing.  OU showed some fight late.  Who knows how it would’ve ended had she left her in but at least it probably wouldn’t have been 16-2?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1