GoMeanGreen.com Recruiting Show Podcast #21

Harry

7 hours ago, Hunter Green said:

Brett.   Such a wet blanket.

So much Old Denton in that podcast. No we don’t need to go begging for scraps. This isn’t 2006. This staff just signed the best class in school history with the highest avg in CUSA. And they did by December. 

I firmly believe that if they can find 25 3-stars to sign in the early period, you get them signed and start building the next class (which is why we already have 5 signed by May). I certainly don’t advocate signing a full class in December just for the sake of doing so, but if you found your guys then you don’t need to hold open spaces for some theoretical fall-through- the-cracks guys in February. 

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, 97and03 said:

This staff just signed the best class in school history with the highest avg in CUSA.

Agree.  Great class for sure but 247 had us at #3 overall at the end

14 hours ago, 97and03 said:

but if you found your guys then you don’t need to hold open spaces for some theoretical fall-through- the-cracks guys in February. 

How can you find your guys when many of these kids don’t have North Texas in their radar early on and think they are going p5?

The fact is if a prospect has p5 offers, much like the QB we were after that just committed to Colorado, we probably aren’t going to win those battles.  Instead of focusing resources in that direction, I would prefer to see us focus our strategy on how to battle against the top G5’s that we ROUTINELY go up against ala SMU, Houston, Tulsa, Colorado State, nUTSAck etc...

4 hours ago, Harry said:

Agree.  Great class for sure but 247 had us at #3 overall at the end

How can you find your guys when many of these kids don’t have North Texas in their radar early on and think they are going p5?

The fact is if a prospect has p5 offers, much like the QB we were after that just committed to Colorado, we probably aren’t going to win those battles.  Instead of focusing resources in that direction, I would prefer to see us focus our strategy on how to battle against the top G5’s that we ROUTINELY go up against ala SMU, Houston, Tulsa, Colorado State, nUTSAck etc...

I think if you look at the 2019 class, that is what we did. 

• Upvote 1