DRC: (updated with full story) -- Mark Tikhonenko is in the transfer portal

This will be Cas's best team. As a G5 where are you going to get the best talent? In HS it will be undersized guards that don't fit the P5 mesurables. I believe we are going to have to stick to Juco's and transfers that want to play, especially recruiting size. How far would Tech had gone without them? Very excited to see what Cas can do with a more balanced team.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

On 5/18/2019 at 3:37 PM, Shark84 said:

If Grant is "overrated", how come he was scheduled to interview for the TCU job before Dixon decided to stay.  He has the program headed in the right direction. I'm sure he and his staff go to a lot of area HS games that no one knows about. Just my opinion.

Getting an interview and being hired are 2 different things. How are we heading in the right direction with a roster of mostly juniors. (And no big men brought in) He got 0 production from a 6 man signing class just last year. These guys are now at the end of the bench. We went from tied for 7th in conference to tied for 11th (I believe).  I hope he does well for the kids. UTA, TCU and SMU continue to land better local transfers. Take away many of the scheduled winnable games and were looking at a losing program. When this staff start reeling in top local talent, others will follow.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

On 5/18/2019 at 7:33 PM, BillySee58 said:

Mccasland doesn’t seem to be that interested in working the high school scene. Obviously he has brought in a lot of JUCO recruits as a former JUCO HC himself, but even with the high school offers he has made they have primarily come after watching those players on the AAU scene. Which doesn’t matter as long as he is bringing in quality players imo.

For what its worth, an hour before this was posted he was speaking at the TABC clinic to hundreds of HS coaches in a packed ballroom in San Antonio. 

Great speaker btw. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

9 hours ago, Cooley said:

Getting an interview and being hired are 2 different things. How are we heading in the right direction with a roster of mostly juniors. (And no big men brought in) He got 0 production from a 6 man signing class just last year. These guys are now at the end of the bench. We went from tied for 7th in conference to tied for 11th (I believe).  I hope he does well for the kids. UTA, TCU and SMU continue to land better local transfers. Take away many of the scheduled winnable games and were looking at a losing program. When this staff start reeling in top local talent, others will follow.

Larry Wise was a top local recruit that was redshirted. Mohamed the 6'7 transfer was injured and redshirted. Hold off evaluating that class. The Russian was a miss and so far so is J. Simmons but Larry Wise had other big school offers so let's see how he turns out. I agree the schedule was way to easy but we would all be complaining if he had pulled a UTA and played tons of big name schools all on the road. I'm not saying Grant is the greatest coach in school history, but he has done a great job of fixing the mess left by Benford. The next two years will determine how great a coach he is. By the way, getting an interview means schools think you are head coaching material or they wouldn't waste their time. 

• Upvote 5
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, grossman said:

For what its worth, an hour before this was posted he was speaking at the TABC clinic to hundreds of HS coaches in a packed ballroom in San Antonio. 

Great speaker btw. 

Yes, I’m not saying Grant doesn’t care about how he is viewed in the high school coaching community. Just saying most of the scouting and offering he has done of high school players has seemed to come on the AAU scene as opposed to at UIL-sanctioned high school games.

14 hours ago, Cooley said:

Is this Cas's third class? Hamlet and Reese were both offed by SMU and ranked 17th and 33rd  nationally in the Juco Ranks. Wise ranked 23rd in the state with offers from Texas A&M, SMU!!!!, Tulsa , and Mid Tenn (local talent). It almost doesn't matter what our record is, you have to win the tournament. WKY and OD are going to be tough to beat. GMG

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2019 at 2:28 AM, Cooley said:

Geez...obsess much?

• 2 weeks later...