‘20 DB Je’Vaun Dabon - Houston (Cy Ridge HS)

Harry

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

They have gathered a gaggle of commits, but their class is currently ranked 10th in the Big XII.

True but I am just not sold on this ranking system. I think average rating might be a better way to rate relative to other schools, in part because of the effect of number of recruits, like when FAU and Marshall had  well over the 25 allowed last year. Another case in point: Texas is 6th in the Big12 because they only have 7 verbals - but 6 of them are 4 stars and they have about a 93 average. 

• Ray 1

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

True but I am just not sold on this ranking system. I think average rating might be a better way to rate relative to other schools, in part because of the effect of number of recruits, like when FAU and Marshall had  well over the 25 allowed last year. Another case in point: Texas is 6th in the Big12 because they only have 7 verbals - but 6 of them are 4 stars and they have about a 93 average. 

That may be true but Lifer is definitely correct. Tech might be beating out the likes of North Texas and other G5 programs but they aren't exactly smashing it against their contemporaries.

10 hours ago, All About UNT said:

That may be true but Lifer is definitely correct. Tech might be beating out the likes of North Texas and other G5 programs but they aren't exactly smashing it against their contemporaries.

Definitely not smashing it. But not 10th place bad either. They have a better average rating than the alleged third and fourth place teams. 

Or take a better example, our 2019 class. We ended up fourth in the conference despite having the highest average player rating due to  FAU and Marshall having impossible 33 and 31 player classes, respectively. 

Anyway, my point is that if we are going to obsess over rankings, I am going to follow average ranking over the arbitrary points allotment that makes up the class ranking system. 

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 1