Looking at future UNT FB schedules

Harry

The only home p5 opponents I see in the UNT futures schedules which go through 2029! is Cal in 2022, Texas Tech in 2027 and Baylor in 2029.   Certainly there can be some changes that transpired but this is interesting to look at again.  Looking forward to playing at A&Ms new stadium and also getting to play Tulane and Army.

Is it safe to say that the Texas Tech home game at Apogee in 2027 will be the highest attended game in program history?  Wow can only imagine the atmosphere for that one..

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/north-texas/

13 hours ago, Harry said:

The only home p5 opponents I see in the UNT futures schedules which go through 2029! is Cal in 2022, Texas Tech in 2027 and Baylor in 2029.   Certainly there can be some changes that transpired but this is interesting to look at again.  Looking forward to playing at A&Ms new stadium and also getting to play Tulane and Army.

Is it safe to say that the Texas Tech home game at Apogee in 2027 will be the highest attended game in program history?  Wow can only imagine the atmosphere for that one..

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/north-texas/

I don't think the Army games listed for 2025 and 2028 are correct. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure we cancelled the entire series last year and nothing has been announced since. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I really hope that Tech doesn't buy out their game here, as I've always wondered if that game will actually get played here in Denton...

That would suck... What reason would they have to buy out that game? I think that game in Denton might help them with recruiting purposes.

Anyways, Wag Tag said it.. But The Houston game next year should be our first sell out game. Houston travels very well, as we saw in 2011 and I went to the UH v. SMU game last year and Houston fans were everywhere in and outside the stadium. Obviously we need to annihilate ACU, beat SMU, hopefully upset Cal.. Get that momentum going like last year to energize this fan base for the UH game! 

Edited by GreenTexan13
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GreenTexan13 said:

That would suck... What reason would they have to buy out that game? I think that game in Denton might help them with recruiting purposes.

Anyways, Wag Tag said it.. But The Houston game next year should be our first sell out game. Houston travels very well, as we saw in 2011 and I went to the UH v. SMU game last year and Houston fans were everywhere in and outside the stadium. Obviously we need to annihilate ACU, beat SMU, hopefully upset Cal.. Get that momentum going like last year to energize this fan base for the UH game! 

You just never know with these P5 monied programs. Their TV money alone can help them buyout contracts if their coach/AD feels like it. I've watched this happen many times. Heck, a few years ago, NIU signed a deal with Nebraska to play a 5 game series, with 4 games in Lncoln and 1 in Chicago (not NIU's home stadium). Nebraska bought it out, but kept the 4 games at home against NIU because they had the $$$ and NIU couldn't afford to lose it.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

I really hope that Tech doesn't buy out their game here, as I've always wondered if that game will actually get played here in Denton...

Tech does love to come to the Metroplex.  They have held a "spring game" at the Star for at least the last two years. The Metroplex is a recruiting hotbed for Tech, just like it is for just about everyone else.  Plus, Tech has a boat load of grads in the Metroplex who support Tech really well whenever they hold an alumni, athletic or other event in the area.  I think it behooves them to keep this game on the schedule. Just my two cents.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

You just never know with these P5 monied programs. Their TV money alone can help them buyout contracts if their coach/AD feels like it. I've watched this happen many times. Heck, a few years ago, NIU signed a deal with Nebraska to play a 5 game series, with 4 games in Lncoln and 1 in Chicago (not NIU's home stadium). Nebraska bought it out, but kept the 4 games at home against NIU because they had the $$$ and NIU couldn't afford to lose it.

Good point, only one way to find out really. I do think it's a bit of a different situation here in Texas. There is a big alumni and fan base of Tech fans in DFW, compared to Nebraska going to Chicago or DeKalb. But I do understand the point you're trying to make. TT just seems like one of those Big12 programs that wouldn't buy out or control a series like a Texas or Oklahoma would. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, GreenTexan13 said:

And hope it doesn't rain somewhere in the western hemisphere   😄

• Upvote 1