‘20 QB Austin Renfro - Stephenville

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I just saw a picture of him with a bunch of other past recruits on GMG and started wondering how he is doing now. Looks like he is buried on the Arkansas depth chart. As a matter of fact, they don't project him cracking the two deep next year either. The backup QB is a RFr like he is and the starter is a RSo so I doubt if he ever sees any playing time there. I wonder if he ever thinks "I should have stuck with my commitment to North Texas at least I know I would have a chance to play." Haha. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Okay. Yeah I am being petty now.

• Upvote 7

On 12/29/2021 at 11:39 AM, Venson said:

I just saw a picture of him with a bunch of other past recruits on GMG and started wondering how he is doing now. Looks like he is buried on the Arkansas depth chart. As a matter of fact, they don't project him cracking the two deep next year either. The backup QB is a RFr like he is and the starter is a RSo so I doubt if he ever sees any playing time there. I wonder if he ever thinks "I should have stuck with my commitment to North Texas at least I know I would have a chance to play." Haha. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Okay. Yeah I am being petty now.

Seth would have never played him, Anune wouldn't have let him with the way he played 

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

Kid learned the hard way that decisions have consequences. Props to him for betting on himself but his bet failed miserably. Maybe next time he'll learn to stick with the ones that believed in you the whole time. 

• Upvote 2

It looks like he left his scholarship at Ole Miss to walk on at Arkansas. He must really believe in Kendal. He just tore his ACL before their bowl game so he will miss spring ball and likely most of fall camp too. Tough break for the kid. Hope he ends up finding happiness in the end even if not as a P5 starting quarterback like he thought.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1