Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
97and03

‘20 QB Austin Renfro - Stephenville

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

That's where baby Briles is rumored to be going so makes sense 

https://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

Ole Miss: Lane Kiffin has zeroed in on UCF offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Jeff Lebby for the same post

 

So we shall see.. Maybe Briles will end up as North Texas OC..  But probably more than likely ends up at FIU with Taggert.

 

 

 

Edited by dml7007
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dml7007 said:

https://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

Ole Miss: Lane Kiffin has zeroed in on UCF offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Jeff Lebby for the same post

 

So we shall see.. Maybe Briles will end up as North Texas OC..  But probably more than likely ends up at FIU with Taggert.

 

 

 

Taggert is going to FAU. So Briles would stay in his same position, you mean? I would love to see him come here, personally. Our offense would explode with him at the helm

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm betting Norvell gives Kade the silent treatment moving forward, so we'll see what other offers move in for Kade.   

The other school he's currently "warm" on is UCF, and that was likely due to coach Lebby, so we'll see if he gets the Ole Miss offer.

If no, he may just wind up back here... with Briles.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many of yall are butt hurt about this kid decommitting. He hasnt committed anywhere else and the door is wide open.

 

I for one, would love for this kid to come here. He's either going to be special here or somewhere else. If we can Briles as the OC and Kade, that would be a home run!

  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

Too many of yall are butt hurt about this kid decommitting. He hasnt committed anywhere else and the door is wide open.

 

I for one, would love for this kid to come here. He's either going to be special here or somewhere else. If we can Briles as the OC and Kade, that would be a home run!

home run homer GIF by MLB

  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, agw0038 said:

i just want Briles.... if he doesn't go to Ole Miss with Kiffin then we may have shot

I think there is a better chance of Briles ending back at FAU with Willie. Although I don’t know how Briles liked being there the first time around or how much Willie liked him as his OC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MeanGreen22 said:

I think there is a better chance of Briles ending back at FAU with Willie. Although I don’t know how Briles liked being there the first time around or how much Willie liked him as his OC. 

I'd be willing to bet NT can offer significantly more money than FAU for OC salary.  Plus, he' be back in Texas.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t want Lil Briles he’s as crooked as his dad

I’ve been supporting UNT for 50 years through a

lot bad times as well as good but for hiring him

may end it for me.

  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

You might need to adjust your rabbit ears.  He still shows as "Warm" to North Texas.

If that makes you feel better about yourself, I can do that.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ttunt1970 said:

I don’t want Lil Briles he’s as crooked as his dad

I’ve been supporting UNT for 50 years through a

lot bad times as well as good but for hiring him

may end it for me.

So if Seth and Wren extended an offer that would be it for you?

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

So if Seth and Wren extended an offer that would be it for you?

As Ricky said to Lucy there would a lot of splaning to do for me to get on board

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good lord, let's let it go. Kid isn't coming here. He's this years garrick Johnson. Committed but was never sold and continued to try to upgrade.  I'm out on him, wish him the best and when he's ready to get out of Florida or Mississippi to come home MAYBE we would want him. Let's move on to guys that are interested in us.

  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phelps I wasn’t talking about Renfro I was

  about lil Briles . The kid (your terms) really I

would want him to come to my university 

but he has to do what thinks is in his best 

interest 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ttunt1970 said:

Phelps I wasn’t talking about Renfro I was

  about lil Briles . The kid (your terms) really I

would want him to come to my university 

but he has to do what thinks is in his best 

interest 

I I didn't reference anything you said or I would have quoted you.

As for briles, hell yeah bring him on. He's 3 schools removed from Baylor and these kids we're recruiting weren't even in high school yet when he was with Baylor.  He's a great OC with P5 and G5 success.  Yes I want him more than any 1 recruit.

  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Luigi said:

Committed to Ole Miss.

Does it not bother anyone that this guy took up a critical position spot in the class for a long time.  This keeps us from landing other guys.  This is like backing out the day before the wedding.  We got used.

  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2019 at 4:55 PM, Luigi said:

It sucks but its nothing new. Guys have been using schools as a placeholder in case they get what they perceive as a better deal for decades.

What a lot of schools do is revoke offers if they take OVs elsewhere or even talk to other schools after committing.

Littrell has been in the CFB world long enough to see when this is happening. If he were on his A-game he would have pulled Renfro's offer the moment this got out of hand or had another kid already lined up.

Dont Make Me get Wario on your ass boy! Get out of here with all your nonsense 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.