‘20 QB Austin Renfro - Stephenville

29 minutes ago, Marty said:

A lot of people expressed their opinion on him potentially coming back, and my overall thought is this.

We have a great QB room so it would be tough, but if the kid thinks he can beat everyone out and lead us to victory, go ahead. He was 18 when he decommitted, so he clearly has matured on his stance. Not to mention the problem, Reeder, is long gone.

I’m intrigued on next year.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

A lot of people expressed their opinion on him potentially coming back, and my overall thought is this.

We have a great QB room so it would be tough, but if the kid thinks he can beat everyone out and lead us to victory, go ahead. He was 18 when he decommitted, so he clearly has matured on his stance. Not to mention the problem, Reeder, is long gone.

I’m intrigued on next year.

We have a great QB room based on what exactly?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Does this surprise anyone after seeing what he did earlier? This young man, right or wrong, wanted attention and wanted to play P5 ball and they saw him as an "option" to possibly add depth. I don't think they ever thought he could be their starter. As he got there it seems like he realized this was not going to happen. Like a lot of career P5 backups he wanted/needed to test the waters. Some stay to say they were there, other transfer to play.  Hope he finds somewhere to call home. If it's here, great. Sadly, I don't think his next stop will be his last. 

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Nobody is saying they wouldn't be interested in seeing him come here, but were just commenting on how he played the game and it has come back to haunt him a little bit.

If you were just commenting on the situation then there wouldn’t be a personal shot against him saying “it smells of a young man that is all about himself and nobody else.”

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

That’s whatever, my point was it’s not true that you were JUST commenting on the situation and how it didn’t work out for him. You took a personal shot. 

Hand Slap GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Thanks for keeping me in line.  I was making a personal observation.  You can call it a shot at the kid, but from what I observed during his recruitment and now this, he is all about Austin/Cade.  He could prove me wrong in the future.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

23 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Nobody is saying they wouldn't be interested in seeing him come here, but were just commenting on how he played the game and it has come back to haunt him a little bit.

FWIW, I agree with you. Based on what I remember, kid committed to us early, kept going to camps, kept fielding offers, and kept playing the recruiting game on Twitter. I don't blame him for playing the game. Hell, I played it when I was coming out of High School too, but actions have consequences. Every athlete has some level of selfishness to them and his actions do not indicate any different. That being said, if he comes here, I would gladly welcome him. We are not in a position to be turning away that kind of talent out of spite.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...

Never forget reading Mickey Spagnola of the Dallas Times-Herald Q ‘& A with (then UA AD) Frank Broyles when he was entertaining the idea of Arkansas leaving the SWC for the SEC. Well, they did leave but at what cost has been the question of many.  The SEC would have been better financially, but as far as SEC championships & total wins those have been too few.