‘20 QB Austin Renfro - Stephenville

On 8/29/2019 at 9:31 AM, MeanGreenTexan said:

9th best QB in the Big Country (which is basically West of Centex, and East of Permian Basin) ?    That's kinda low isn't it?    Anyone able to post the other 8 who are "better"?

Found Big Country Preps website but in order to see the list, you have to be a member ($5 a month)

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, KeithLee said:

Proud of Kade. He is a legit talent and knew what we had when Christian worked out with him. Let’s show him the Mean Green love and let the chips fall where they fall. No negative vibes please. Trust in the relationships built and GMG

Has Christian talked to Kade since the offer?

• Upvote 1

On 11/20/2019 at 8:00 PM, KeithLee said:

He congratulated him on the offer. They both have been pretty busy getting ready for their respective playoff games. I would see it as a very positive indication that he is still committed to UNT. Kade and his parents are very smart people and will make the decision that is best for their family. That’s all we can ask for.  We want what is best for each of the athletes in this class and only wish everyone the best. Christian and the rest of the commits seem to be very close and that is gonna be hard to unravel in these very short weeks before signing day. 

I can't wait for that Christian Kade connection at Apogee next year! They all seem like great young athletes 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

I recognize that Kade Renfro is an exceptional talent at quarterback but I'm less worried about that position.  Austin Aune had the highest rating at that position of any of our quarterbacks when he came out of high school.  If he recovers those skills I don't believe that Renfro could topple him. Will Kuehne is near to or equal to Renfro in passing ability.  Ditto for Kason Martin.  Jason Bean hasn't yet exhibited great passing skills but he is our best dual threat quarterback with plenty of potential.

I  believe that we already have very good quarterback candidates; perhaps moreso than any other position.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

I agree with GrayEagle! We have several outstanding QB’s on the roster now! Our team will be in good hands next season!

Now is time to use the extra scholarship (Renfro’s) for a very good player that wants to be at North Texas and be a part of a very special class of guys that want to accomplish great championships! 

Go Mean Green ! Now and forever!

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

I recognize that Kade Renfro is an exceptional talent at quarterback but I'm less worried about that position.  Austin Aune had the highest rating at that position of any of our quarterbacks when he came out of high school.  If he recovers those skills I don't believe that Renfro could topple him. Will Kuehne is near to or equal to Renfro in passing ability.  Ditto for Kason Martin.  Jason Bean hasn't yet exhibited great passing skills but he is our best dual threat quarterback with plenty of potential.

I  believe that we already have very good quarterback candidates; perhaps moreso than any other position.

I very much agree 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...