Texas San Antonio, University of Texas ink 5-game series beginning in 2022

17 hours ago, greenminer said:

Memories of those road games during the Dickey era.  Amazing how they helped build our program kept our program afloat while killing fan morale.

Only the delusional fan that ignored the most important thing there is for winning conference championships.: DEFENSE!

Sure, we couldn’t score, and yes, we lost.  But after I watched Booger & co put Chris Simms on his ass all day and posted a second half shutout I thought,...”Damn...we have a championship-caliber defense, we could win some hardware”.

And that’s exactly what happened.

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

13 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Only the delusional fan that ignored the most important thing there is for winning conference championships.: DEFENSE!

Sure, we couldn’t score, and yes, we lost.  But after I watched Booger & co put Chris Simms on his ass all day and posted a second half shutout I thought,...”Damn...we have a championship-caliber defense, we could win some hardware”.

Rick

I remember listening to the Texas post-game show in my car on the way out of there and remember Mack Brown talking about him. He seemed genuinely impressed, when asked about Booger, and I remember him saying that he was an All-American in his opinion.

• Upvote 2

On 5/11/2019 at 6:47 AM, FirefightnRick said:

Rick

I loved that game.  I left there thinking “how much money are they paying that O-line coach to get exposed as worthless, and how much did they pay his players to sign and get their ass whooped?”  

• Upvote 2

NutsaCK:  Daddy, we would like some more institutional funds to assist in supporting our program.

UT: You would, would you?

NutsaCK:  Yes, it would help us pay the rent on the facilities we don't even own, and maybe save a little to build some in the future.

UT:  Ahh, you think you are all grown up and ready to play with the big boys now do you?

NutsaCK:  Yes sir.

UT: Here's what we are offering, 5 games at our house, you get $1.7 million per game which is less than half of our gate, you get to watch the replay over and over of us whipping  your little butt on the Longhorn Network, we get a sure win to boost our pre-season rating that is way too high and your fans get to experience 6th street.  How's that sound.

NutsaCK:  Thank you sir, may I have another?

UT:  Shut up and get off my front porch.  Oh, and leave that fake cannon at home.  It is an embarrassment to our great state.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Gone for good??  Hope not... would miss the meltdowns..

Doesn't appear to be gone for good. Just down until someone can fix whatever the problem seems to be (hacked?).

• Thanks 1