Conference USA Softball Tournament: Official Thread

Nightmare!

we strand 12 runners, actually 13 when we got thrown out trying to steal 2nd with one out.in the 7th.  BTW...she was safe as she clearly slid under the tag.  If not for that we would have had bases loaded with one out.

Completely dominated this game and gave it away.

Trauwein only hits the 90’s in pitch count.  Marshal’s pitcher in the 130’s if that’s tells you anything.

Excuse me while I go vomit.

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Sigh....I believe it was either the 2nd or 3rd inning where North Texas only had 1 out with runners at 2 and 3rd and both batters went down looking. That was a killer. 

Edited by Salsa_Verde
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Well, that was fun.

I have never thought having  byes helps in softball were a pitcher can throw in every game. 

It can get a team out of rhythm and that is exactly how NT looked.  

I thought Hope pitched a hell of a game? They got people on base my friend? Also that downvote did not come from me 😅

Edited by Salsa_Verde
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Yeah,...Somehow I believe it that you wouldn’t think that bye’s help....considering just about everyone else does.

Rick

Still having a problem understanding co-championships?

Better to have a bye than not, but I do think it is overrated in softball. 

Edited by GrandGreen

1 minute ago, GrandGreen said:

Still having a problem understanding co-championships.

Better to have a bye than not, but I do think it is overrated in softball. 

Nobody rates byes.  They just are, if for nothing else for tournament play format.  And they give the teams something to play for during the regular season.  

Marshall had a bye,...it didn’t seem to bother them, especially after getting dominated in every way but the scoreboard today.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

10 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

I thought Hope pitched a hell of a game? They got people on base my friend? 

She did.  

And your correct...you don’t strand 13 baserunners, allow only 4 hits, and only one with any power, use less than 100 pitches in 7 innings, no telling how many strike outs and not come away with anything other than we dominated this game other than on the scoreboard.  

Should have run ruled them by the 5th

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

I am a big fan of Coach DeLong, but you do not run with one out in the bottom of the seventh when you are down by one run.  Probably wouldn't have made a difference considering how the game played out, but you just don't make an out on the bases in your last at bat trailing by one run.

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Nobody rates byes.  They just are, if for nothing else for tournament play format.  And they give the teams something to play for during the regular season.  

Marshall had a bye,...it didn’t seem to bother them, especially after getting dominated in every way but the scoreboard today.

Rick

Overrating means giving more value to it than it deserves.   It certainly does not mean it is of no value. 

Like calling a 0-1 loss, a game that NT completely dominated is hyperbole.  

t would be hard to find any impartial observer that believes that team that loses 0-1 dominated.  Leaving 12 players on base is not a sign of domination.  Nether is out hitting a team 5 to 4.    

Any fool including me knows that having a bye is a significant advantage.   My point that I didn't think needed explaining, is that it is not as great an advantage as it would be in basketball, baseball or any other number of sports.   Softball is not a grueling sport and pitchers can pitch a great number of innings.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Overrating means giving more value to it than it deserves.   It certainly does not mean it is of no value. 

Like calling a 0-1 loss, a game that NT completely dominated is hyperbole.  

t would be hard to find any impartial observer that believes that team that loses 0-1 dominated.  Leaving 12 players on base is not a sign of domination.  Nether is out hitting a team 5 to 4.    

Any fool including me knows that having a bye is a significant advantage.   My point that I didn't think needed explaining, is that it is not as great an advantage as it would be in basketball, baseball or any other number of sports.   Softball is not a grueling sport and pitchers can pitch a great number of innings.  

Hey...would check something for me right quick?  Would you look out your window and see if it’s daylight out side still?  I’m pretty sure it is, but if there’s anyone around here who could somehow pick the position that it’s actually dark it’s you.

Asking for a friend.

Rick

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

Just now, FirefightnRick said:

Hey...would check something for me right quick?  Would you look out your window and see if it’s daylight out side still?  I’m pretty sure it is, but if there’s anyone around here who could somehow pick the position that it’s actually dark it’s you.

Asking for a friend.

Rick

Actually it is kind of cloudy.  

I have no idea how you can get darkness out of the truth, but that is your issue. Go ahead and believe that NT completely annihilated Marshall but lost 0-1. 

I do wonder why you have taken such a hostile tone in this thread.   I guess anyone that disagree with your view has to be suspect or at least dark.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Actually it is kind of cloudy.  

I have no idea how you can get darkness out of the truth, but that is your issue. Go ahead and believe that NT completely annihilated Marshall but lost 0-1. 

I do wonder why you have taken such a hostile tone in this thread.   I guess anyone that disagree with your view has to be suspect or at least dark.  

Theres nothing remaining that I wonder about you.  Your going to pick a position someone has made and counter it.  The position doesn’t matter.  Your still gonna counter it.  I’ve not placed you on ignore yet so I guess I’ve not had my fill of it?  

Shame on me.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Downvote 3

16 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Theres nothing remaining that I wonder about you.  Your going to pick a position someone has made and counter it.  The position doesn’t matter.  Your still gonna counter it.  I’ve not placed you on ignore yet so I guess I’ve not had my fill of it?  

Shame on me.

Rick

I thought this messageboard was for an exchange of ideas.   What have I countered that gets you in an uproar?  

The two  recent items, are to do with co-championships and the Marshall versus NT softball game.  Fairly harmless debates in my view.  

You might even go back and see plenty of threads were we are in agreement.

Do you really think, I care if you read my posts or not?   

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

I thought this messageboard was for an exchange of ideas.      

Since you like defending him why don’t you ask your pal Vito?

You’ll find him somewhere in North Carolina looking for the C-USA Softball tournament.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1