NCAA AD Budgets / Total Expenses 2017

Harry

This data is a little dated but it shows you why certain schools are in certain conferences. 

I pulled it from the Knight Report which is a pretty cool website that looks at the finances of college sports.  You can check it out here:

https://www.knightcommission.org/finances-college-sports/

There are certainly outliers like James Madison that defy logic.  Then again, you can almost outline who is in what conference based on their revenue number.

43 Texas Tech Big 12 $88,804,476  
56 Houston AAC $57,174,900  
57 Central Florida AAC $56,327,225  
58 San Diego State Mt. West $52,454,787  
72 Wyoming Mt. West $40,372,222

image.png

I've attached a graphical comparison of where dollars go as well in pdf.

knightcommission-report UNT 2017.pdf

8 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

The increase in revenue is outstanding! 

I agree I would like to see which schools had a bigger overall percentage increase of similar size and conference etc...

As far as C-USA, Charolette is clocking in at an 84% increase in revenue BUT their expenses increased 64%, leaving them at only a 20% net increase. North Texas increased 69% and 37% respectively, giving us a 32% net increase which is the largest in our conference by far!

Other things to consider - in 2017 the student body voted in favor of a student fee increase that would generate about $3.5M annually, and our alumni donations have also been on the rise with the Lovelace and McNatt giving $5M total in 2018. I can't wait to see what these reports look like in a year or two once they're updated! 

Edited by MattDamon23
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2