College Football Players Who Will Put Up Ridiculous Stats in 2019

Harry

Mason Fine

2018 Stats: 303-469, 64.6% Completion, 3,793 yards, 27 TD, 5 INT, 149.4 PER

Mason Fine has thrown for more yards over the past two seasons than any other player, and it's not that close.

The reigning two-time Conference USA Player of the Year has amassed 7,845 passing yards since the beginning of 2017. No. 2 on that list is former Missouri QB Drew Lock at 7,462.

Only 10 quarterbacks put up at least 6,200 yards between the 2017 and 2018 campaigns, and Fine is the only one who will still be playing college football in 2019.

Read more:  https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2834456-college-football-players-who-will-put-up-ridiculous-stats-in-2019.amp.html

2 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

The gunslinger for North Texas doesn't have a household name because he plays for a relatively obscure team and isn't much of an NFL prospect at 5'11" with little to no mobility. 

The mobility thing I think is what will hurt is draftability...  Bc typically, if your smaller, at least you can scoot.  Maybe he can really be a Drew Brees type QB.

I wonder what they will do this year to showcase him even more.  He is our guy... he needs to be the NT QB that gets drafted, not a FA signing, but drafted.  He deserves it.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Mobility isn't an issue due to physical limitations.  He chooses to sit and make the throw.  His run against UTSA a couple of years ago proves he can scoot.

That was a great 80 yard run pulling away from all defenders. He is not Kyler Murray fast, but he is fast. You are right, he looks to throw first, run last. What game was it where he trucked the safety after a 10  yard run to get the first??

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MrStrange18 said:

The mobility thing I think is what will hurt is draftability...  Bc typically, if your smaller, at least you can scoot.  Maybe he can really be a Drew Brees type QB.

I wonder what they will do this year to showcase him even more.  He is our guy... he needs to be the NT QB that gets drafted, not a FA signing, but drafted.  He deserves it.

I really wish the AD would consider promoting him more for the heisman.  I know he’s a long shot but why not throw it out there.  He’s got the best damn underdog story in the world.  Whether he’s a serious competitor or not the story alone will grab hearts.