Another Reason Why Judy MacLeod Needs To Go!

You'd think college would be different, but from my experience (albeit limited) at the high school level there really is no vote for coach of the year.  It automatically goes to the district champion (or co-champion).  This seems to be the case here and its even more ridiculous than at the high school level.  

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

As big of a joke as Stockstill winning C-USA Coach of the Year over Bill Clark. Just burn this whole clown conference to the ground and start over. 

There are a lot of reasons for this to be done. The best of which is to get more regionalized and to help lower travel costs and increase actual attendance at games.

Its fairly obvious at this point that our only way forward from a TV package is via streaming, so help get more people to care about the teams we all should be playing. People in Texas care about other regional schools, not East Coast spare teams that sound like airports or are only known for decent hoops history. I've seen ULL and Arkansas State bring people to Denton--I've never seen much of anyone here from the likes of WKU/MUTS/Marshall. Texas State would be a great conference mate, just as ULL and Arky State were. Realign these two ridiculous conferences into something that helps the actual members and their fans.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

There are a lot of reasons for this to be done. The best of which is to get more regionalized and to help lower travel costs and increase actual attendance at games.

Its fairly obvious at this point that our only way forward from a TV package is via streaming, so help get more people to care about the teams we all should be playing. People in Texas care about other regional schools, not East Coast spare teams that sound like airports or are only known for decent hoops history. I've seen ULL and Arkansas State bring people to Denton--I've never seen much of anyone here from the likes of WKU/MUTS/Marshall. Texas State would be a great conference mate, just as ULL and Arky State were. Realign these two ridiculous conferences into something that helps the actual members and their fans.

We've been harping on this notion for it seems like years. I can only imagine that the people that sit in the seats to make decisions have thought of this or at least heard other people chirping about it. What is the hold up in your opinion? 

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

This isn’t really in line with what MWC fans think.

3 hours ago, greenminer said:

This isn’t really in line with what MWC fans think.

And I’m a huge MWC fan. I’d leave in a minute if we could go, but it’s not what they want apparently and it’s not what our fanbase wants. 

But a realignment of the SBCUSA probably has to void out certain contracts and certain offices. I’m going on the assumption that they don’t want to do it until they have to.

• Lovely Take 1

19 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

And I’m a huge MWC fan. I’d leave in a minute if we could go, but it’s not what they want apparently and it’s not what our fanbase wants. 

But a realignment of the SBCUSA probably has to void out certain contracts and certain offices. I’m going on the assumption that they don’t want to do it until they have to.

Did you catch that no-hitter by the Oakland pitcher last night.

• Eye Roll 2

7 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Did you catch that no-hitter by the Oakland pitcher last night.

Yes, his second career no-hitter. Pretty cool. And I didn’t read about it in my newspaper or call in on a rotary phone to a sports dial-in show, either!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2