DRC: Breaking news (updated with story, quote from Woolridge) -- Woolridge to transfer

On 5/3/2019 at 1:32 PM, GrandGreen said:

Not unexpected, but I still don't like it.

This graduate transfer process is great for the players, but not so good for fans.  The obvious result is the better players are going to move up to more prestigious schools and it will serve to widen the gap between the have and have-nots.  

The concept is very flawed.   The schools are paying for summer schools for athletes that allows them to transfer early. 

I wonder if schools are going to start limiting the summer schooling which has become a standard benefit at most colleges. 

In fact, athletes are almost forced to go to summer school if they don't have the money to pay for their own food and lodging during the summer.  

I wish against all odds, that the NCAA would take steps to curtail this graduate transfer procedure.  

Woolridge did a great job at NT and we all should thank him for his contributions.  Unmatched quickness and fantastic effort were part of his game.  

Frankly however, what he does at his next college, holds little interest to me. 

I wonder what effect, if any, making Kinesiogy or Interdisciplinary Studies a 136-hour program might have.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

That would be more feasible if Benford was head coach. 

Frankly, I doubt TCU would take a chance on Woolridge, but if they offered it would be a good place for him to land. 

Agree...but isn't TCC "full"?  Thought they just picked up a grad transfer.  Cannot imagine they would have room for a one year grad transfer.  But, does make sense that he might land there...assuming they have room.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...