DRC: Woolridge expected to make decision soon on future

Hope like heck  Woolridge stays because if healthy he is the best player on the team... but either way I like the direction McCasland seems to be heading with the recruiting pick-ups.

Then again - why would Hamlet come here with all the options he had unless he thought he would get a lot of playing time?  And Jalen Jackson is also a PG...  We will find out soon enough!

I said Bell is a done deal and he is ...

Neither Kaskaskia nor Bell have announced that he has signed with UNT, but multiple sources with knowledge of the situation told the Record-Chronicle that his letter of intent has been received by the school. UNT also has letters of intent from Hamlet, Reese and Geu.

Edited by Brett Vito
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Brett Vito said:

I said Bell is a done deal and he is ...

Neither Kaskaskia nor Bell have announced that he has signed with UNT, but multiple sources with knowledge of the situation told the Record-Chronicle that his letter of intent has been received by the school. UNT also has letters of intent from Hamlet, Reese and Geu.

If you don't have a roster spot it is still not a "done deal". Has he committed yes he committed! He committed on his visit. But we were told not to say anything for fear of changing Geu decision. 

• Ray 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5

Would love to take in one more season of Woolridge's composure and calm leading the team but - even though it opens up options for him to consider leaving Denton - more than anything, I'm glad to hear that he'll be securing his degree in May.  He's given a lot to this program and will stand as a key contributor to its culture change whether he laces them up here one next year or not.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

17 minutes ago, jdennis82 said:

Would love to take in one more season of Woolridge's composure and calm leading the team but - even though it opens up options for him to consider leaving Denton - more than anything, I'm glad to hear that he'll be securing his degree in May.  He's given a lot to this program and will stand as a key contributor to its culture change whether he laces them up here one next year or not.

He’s earned the right to do whatever he wants but selfishly I would love  to see him finish up here.  

3 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

If you don't have a roster spot it is still not a "done deal". Has he committed yes he committed! He committed on his visit. But we were told not to say anything for fear of changing Geu decision. 

If you don't have an availabler roster spot, but have a signed LOI, what happens?

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

3 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

200.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

my guess is Vito is allowed to comment on Bell's spot being secure, but not whose spot it's actually secure in place of...clearly someone other than Woolridge...until that player/team announces for him/theirselves. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

18 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

my guess is Vito is allowed to comment on Bell's spot being secure, but not whose spot it's actually secure in place of...clearly someone other than Woolridge...until that player/team announces for him/theirselves. 

Coaches don't know who's spot yet. Reason they didn't want the Bell announcement made.

Edited by TheReal_jayD
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

If it were not for Fine, Woolridge would be my favorite current NT player.  I hope he stays, but obviously he has to do what he thinks best.

Woolridge's talent can not be replaced.   Yes, the incoming guards look stellar, but so have a lot of recruits that fall way short of Woolridge talent.  

I have never seen a team that has over signed,  announce whose scholarship is not going to be renewed until that player transfers.  They may not even know at this point

It will probably come down to Mohammed, Alcindor or Tikhonenko.  Draper is another possibility, if he decides he doesn't want to stay another year with probably a reduced role.  I do think it will be his decision not the school's.

• Ray 1

9 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Coaches don't know who's spot yet. Reason they didn't want the Bell announcement made.

Makes sense, but that is on the coaches then right? They got themselves into the situation in the first place. Also, seems hard to believe they didn't have a plan if everyone they wanted signed, what they would do.

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 2

14 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Committment =/= Signed LOI, which is what NT has already received from Bell.   So Bell coming here is a "done deal".   Now, who's gone is yet to be determined.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

With Smart’s shooting struggles, that certainly could be the spot. 

end of last season and that's where my money was. wasn't sure what his graduation status looked like, but I figured he'd either grad transfer or jump down a level to a place he could find 30 shots a night and not be the main focus of Grant's ire.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 97and03 said:

With Smart’s shooting struggles, that certainly could be the spot. 

36 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

end of last season and that's where my money was. wasn't sure what his graduation status looked like, but I figured he'd either grad transfer or jump down a level to a place he could find 30 shots a night and not be the main focus of Grant's ire.  

When Hamlet committed he said something along the lines of “Congratulations! But you’re gonna have to get a new number.” He has been retweeting all of the other commits as well. Seems like he’s in place.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2