'20 SDE Offer: Princely Umanmielen; Manor, 4 star - .9131

6'4"  256 lbs.

Also holds offers from OU, Oregon, Texas, Texas A$M, Arizona, Arkansas, Baylor, Georgia Tech, Kansas, Kansas State, LSU, UNC, Okie State, smuT, Syracuse, TCU, TX Tech, Tulsa, UTEP, Vandy and Washington.

https://247sports.com/player/princely-umanmielen-46046991/

• Ray 1

They can't answer if we don't offer.

Sometimes I wonder if we offer just to get recruits used to seeing our name out their listed with the P5 programs.  Not a bad idea.  It could create curiosity and cause some recruits that see us to investigate our school.  Getting your name out there is never a bad idea.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 6

Just now, UNTLifer said:

Sometimes I wonder if we offer just to get recruits used to seeing out name out their listed with the P5 programs.  Not a bad idea.  It could create curiosity and cause some recruits that see us to investigate our school.  Getting your name out there is never a bad idea.

That's a strong possibility and isn't a bad branding model for cheap. It's just how much time are we really going to spend on recruiting this kid. Are we going to take time away from the kid that has 5 FBS offers and put into this offer? I would think not. But what if there is actual interest from this kid and we opt to not even pursue. Never know who our Ed Oliver is going to be. Sort of a double edged sword. You want these guys for obvious reasons, but don't want to burn up time and resources unless there is a legitimate interest. And in today's recruiting game it's hard to tell what is real and what is just a kid trying to get free campus visits. 

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Sometimes I wonder if we offer just to get recruits used to seeing out name out their listed with the P5 programs.  Not a bad idea.  It could create curiosity and cause some recruits that see us to investigate our school.  Getting your name out there is never a bad idea.

Exactly what I've been thinking.  I don't know what our chances are of landing a top recruit, but to me it's worth it just to see our name out there with other "known" national programs.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

That's a strong possibility and isn't a bad branding model for cheap. It's just how much time are we really going to spend on recruiting this kid. Are we going to take time away from the kid that has 5 FBS offers and put into this offer? I would think not. But what if there is actual interest from this kid and we opt to not even pursue. Never know who our Ed Oliver is going to be. Sort of a double edged sword. You want these guys for obvious reasons, but don't want to burn up time and resources unless there is a legitimate interest. And in today's recruiting game it's hard to tell what is real and what is just a kid trying to get free campus visits. 

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I like it. You can't score if you don't shoot your shot. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

True, but these kids are limited in the number of free campus visits they can take.  If he wants to use one to come to Denton, I would jump all over it and promote the heck out of it that he is visiting.  It is never a bad idea to get a 4 star kid on campus.  You never know what motivates their decision, and he can't say yes if we don't ask.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...