Breaking News UNT land Huge grad transfer

This is huge. We got our top targets instead settling which is a huge step forward.

@Harrythe fact that he has committed makes me think he was pitched with a chance to start after being a stalwart on the bench at NDSU. So maybe not a 4-guard look after all. 

Also note, his stats were accumulated while averaging just 18 minutes per game. He has the shooting ability to be a stretch four but also could fill the five role when Simmons goes to the bench.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

This is huge. We got our top targets instead settling which is a huge step forward.

@Harrythe fact that he has committed makes me think he was pitched with a chance to start after being a stalwart on the bench at NDSU. So maybe not a 4-guard look after all. 

Also note, his stats were accumulated while averaging just 18 minutes per game. He has the shooting ability to be a stretch four but also could fill the five role when Simmons goes to the bench.

I know this is being greedy but would love to see us snag Thomas Bell as well. I also think Shakeem Alcinder will be a big contributer next year. I heard the staff consider burning the red shirt towards the end of the season for this kid

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I know this is being greedy but would love to see us snag Thomas Bell as well. I also think Shakeem Alcinder will be a big contributer next year. I heard the staff consider burning the red shirt towards the end of the season for this kid

But they did burn Alcindor’s redshirt, early in the season during non-conference play. And he picked up 10 fouls in 39 minutes. If the staff is high on Alcindor that scares me that Woolridge really is the one gone. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, BillySee58 said:

But they did burn Alcindor’s redshirt, early in the season during non-conference play. And he picked up 10 fouls in 39 minutes. If the staff is high on Alcindor that scares me that Woolridge really is the one gone. 

I def think Ryan is gone. I just don't know who the second player is

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

FYI, ran into coach mac a couple weeks ago and got to talking about next season and at that time, he talked about Ryan being apart of next years team

I sure hope so, but I am not holding my breath. 

13 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I am told pump the brakes on Bell. I am not saying it won't happen. But there will have to be some movement. Also not sure if Deng announcement is going to deter Bell decision. Stay tuned

Uh oh. This makes me wonder if the staff has not prepared themselves for making room (i.e. the guys we feel may be on the bubble have not actually been informed that they might not be in the program’s future). Like we’ve said before, the staff giving scholarships to players who had no other offers and didn’t look like CUSA-level players is something they’re paying for now that recruiting has picked up. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Uh oh. This makes me wonder if the staff has not prepared themselves for making room (i.e. the guys we feel may be on the bubble have not actually been informed that they might not be in the program’s future). Like we’ve said before, the staff giving scholarships to players who had no other offers and didn’t look like CUSA-level players is something they’re paying for now that recruiting has picked up. 

They also may be working to back door to help place them at other programs. JC or Div ll school. You usually just don’t leave them hanging.

• Upvote 1

Maybe I’m deficient with the ncaa roster moves or something but I don’t understand why Ryan would choose to leave.   I know he graduated but I just don’t see him wanting to be a transfer. Has he said something to indicate that?   Why all the speculation about losing our PG?

I for 1 think losing Ryan from this roster would be a tragedy even with the new additions. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

46 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Not to rain on the parade, but are we getting giddy about an 18 minute a game reserve from NDSU? 

Not sure anyone is giddy.   However, if you check their message board you will see pages and pages of comments mostly very complimentary of this player. 

This guy didn't start, but he is a D1 transfer with very good numbers based on only playing 18 minutes a game. 

Looks like a near perfect player to back up Z. Simmons to me, maybe NT's biggest need.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1