2nd commit of the day - James Reese

1 minute ago, BillySee58 said:

That’s awesome. Technically we are full on scholarships now but hard to imagine we are done

Love both commits but surprised not to see more size with the last two.  Yet, we are out of spots how can they add anyone else?  Basketball blue shirt? 🤔

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Love both commits but surprised not to see more size with the last two.  Yet, we are out of spots how can they add anyone else?  Basketball blue shirt? 🤔

If I had to put money on it I’d say we move on from at least two out of Alcindor, Tikhonenko, and Jahmiah Simmons. We were recruiting Deng Geu, a 6’8” grad transfer from North Dakota State. He’d be a good fit. Someone who could play the four or the five. Gotta think that’s where we are going next.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

If I had to put money on it I’d say we move on from at least two out of Alcindor, Tikhonenko, and Jahmiah Simmons. We were recruiting Deng Geu, a 6’8” grad transfer from North Dakota State. He’d be a good fit. Someone who could play the four or the five. Gotta think that’s where we are going next.

My guess would be alcinder or tikhonenko. Jahmiah was hurt last year. I think he will rebound this next year. No pun intended. My guess is Woodridge moves on. He is getting his degree. Played a ton of minutes. Think he goes p5 or over seas. I think that's why they brought in 2 pg this cycle. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, TheReal_jayD said:

My guess would be alcinder or tikhonenko. Jahmiah was hurt last year. I think he will rebound this next year. No pun intended. My guess is Woodridge moves on. He is getting his degree. Played a ton of minutes. Think he goes p5 or over seas. I think that's why they brought in 2 pg this cycle. 

That’s what I was thinking about Hamlet. Even checked Woolridge’s twitter to see if there was anything there haha. I’m not a J Simmons fan. Hurt or not, he’s 6’4” and is a very below average shooter. But it’s pretty clear Mccasland likes him for some reason, so I would be surprised to see him gone too.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BillySee58 said:

That’s what I was thinking about Hamlet. Even checked Woolridge’s twitter to see if there was anything there haha. I’m not a J Simmons fan. Hurt or not, he’s 6’4” and is a very below average shooter. But it’s pretty clear Mccasland likes him for some reason, so I would be surprised to see him gone too.

Screenshot_20190427-164233.png

• Upvote 5

Wrangler Spotlight: James Reese

Sophomore Guard James Reese is having an impressive start to the 2018-19 Basketball Season. Through 14 games this season James is averaging 17 points per game and has scored over 30 points in three games. His season high 41 points came in a 92-83 victory over Hill College on November 24th

The Eastover, South Carolina native is shooting over 50 percent from three-point land and near 60 percent from the floor landing him national attention from NCAA schools across the country.   

James stopped by before practice to sit down and talk to us about the 2018-19 season. 

Read more:  http://www.wranglersports.com/general/2018-19/releases/WS_James_Reese

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Reese putting up big numbers in a SC Pro Am. A couple other notable players in this game, recent NBA player PJ Dozier on his team and a 2019 top 150 recruit Trae Hannibal (headed to South Carolina) on the other team

Looks like the SC Pro Am is a great way for him to get used to the increased level of competition as he comes to Denton.  Some really good hoopers at this event...

https://www.scproam.org/read-me

• Upvote 1