Another NFL Draft

DeepGreen

Shocked Ejiya wasn’t picked but I predict four young men will get invited to camp and make us proud. We are getting there, although I have to admit I shook my head reading the stats and watching the highlights of some of these guys picked. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

F'n inexcusable. It's a stigma attached to UNT and if I'm a conference mate I'm using that heavily in negative recruiting. There is no reason whatsoever a WR with 4.3 speed, a 37 1/2 vertical, and a productive college player should not have been drafted. And don't get me started on a 6'3"  230ob LB with 120 tkls, 25 tkls for loss...TWENTY FIVE, plus 9 sacks. This is without doubt because they are UNT players. 0 explanation. 

Damn shame. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Danish43 said:

What deference does it make if they are not drafted but are signed as a Free Agent

I may be wrong, but I think the difference is recruiting. For the player it makes no difference. They just want an opportunity to make it. For the school, it matters because when you are recruiting, kids know about the players who were drafted and you can use that. They don't know anything about who signed as free agents unless that free agent makes a household name for himself. Sure you can tell them someone signed as a FA, but it doesn't have the same impact as selling a prospect on being drafted. Just my opinion.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Danish43 said:

What deference does it make if they are not drafted but are signed as a Free Agent

Teams sometimes don’t want to admit to making a mistake on a draft pick. If a late drafted player is equal in ability to an undrafted player, they may hold on to the drafted guy longer (prior to being cut) for political reasons. Many times, the undrafted guy is just better. 

• Upvote 1

Not having guys drafted really isn’t a surprise to me with the amount of talent that is available at the P5 level. Let alone the other non-power conferences. How many CUSA players got drafted this year? 

It’s going to be an uphill battle. My hot take is that Mason Fine will be a late round pick but who knows.